New Truck Owners - What Did You Pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP's truck has an Ecotec3 AFM engine so it would be the 8/6/4 version. The newest iteration for 2019, Dynamic Fuel Management, will run on 8,7,6,5,4,3,2 cylinders in 17 different patterns. GM put the monkey business on all cylinders not just 4. Good or bad thing..who knows?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by oilpsi2high
It's the auto locking diff. Probably the G80 that's been used forever in GM trucks.

If it's a Gov-Loc run away as fast as you can!

I disagree. Maintain the rear with 30K oil changes and don't beat it and they'll last as long as the truck.

I'ts a 4 wheel drive. The rear anti-spin does no good in the snow unless it's already in 4wd. Back end will pass up the front end in a flash when you hit ice. Otherwise the price seems fair to me if you are including all fees. Nice truck. I like the Rams nowadays but your money your choice.

My buddy bought a new 2016 F150 Laredo and I know it was discounted like $14K of MSRP to start and then they started negotiating. Factor in section 179 and he ends up paying like $15K for $50K truck.

Last edited:
That's not bad for a brand new truck, but it's doesn't have very many toys for the money (which is totally owner-dependent on whether it matters).

FWIW: My buddy just bought a '16 Sierra Denali with 32k on it for $33k out the door, unlimited mile powertrain warranty included. One owner truck. He spent an extra $2k to extend the warranty to a 100k bumper-to-bumper on top of the unlimited powertrain.

Yes, it's 3 years older than that truck. Yes, it's got a ding here and there although still very clean. However, I (again, personally) would rather go a few years older and get more toys for the money.

Last edited:
I purchased a 2019 Silvy LD last month - old body style. Double Cab, 4x4, All-Star edition, 5.3 V8. MSRP $46K, OTD $31.7K.

Originally Posted by 14Accent
That's not bad for a brand new truck, but it's doesn't have very many toys for the money (which is totally owner-dependent on whether it matters).

FWIW: My buddy just bought a '16 Sierra Denali with 32k on it for $33k out the door, unlimited mile powertrain warranty included. One owner truck. He spent an extra $2k to extend the warranty to a 100k bumper-to-bumper on top of the unlimited powertrain.

Yes, it's 3 years older than that truck. Yes, it's got a ding here and there although still very clean. However, I (again, personally) would rather go a few years older and get more toys for the money.

The Denali has the 6.2 as a option other than that it's not a practical anything in a truck IMO.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. I generally buy about 3 years old myself. My buddy just got a leftover new 2018 Nissan Titan crew cab 4x4 for $33k. MSRP was $45k. I believe it is the SL trim level.

Other people have purchased F-150's similarly optioned (extended cab) for around $32K. I'd expect around $10K off the MSRP so late in the model year for most any truck. Might be worth looking at. $37K is too much for that truck and trim.

Originally Posted by NO2
Other people have purchased F-150's similarly optioned (extended cab) for around $32K. I'd expect around $10K off the MSRP so late in the model year for most any truck. Might be worth looking at. $37K is too much for that truck and trim.

easily 10k off from the big 3.....lucky to get 5k off the tundra...

Originally Posted by Kawiguy454
LTZ 6.2 4x4 52k before taxes and extended warranty. for another 10k you'll get resale if you take care of it. Highly recommend you disable AFM ASAP, the trans works much better silky smooth with it off. ...Please you anti modders just keep it to yourself.
smirk2.gif

Well post fact or preface your post like IMO without AFM the transmission works better. You cannot verify it works better.

Originally Posted by NO2

Final selling price including all rebates and dealer discounts on my F-150 4x4 extended cab last month was $32,364, msrp $42,395.

My 2017 Nissan Titan king cab was advertised at $26.5k with rebates and end of the year markdown. I paid right around 28K with taxes, etc. That's with the towing package and spray in bedliner. 5 year/100K warranty. I had to buy from a dealer in TN to get that price. My local guy wouldn't get within 3k of their advertised price.

Price doesn't seem horrible, I think you might get them down another $1000 on it.

They won't throw I all those extras. That's too much. Maybe one of the extras but not all.

I think if I bought new I'd go with a Ram, but nothing wrong with any of the big 3 IMO. I think you get more truck for the $ with a Ram.

2017 RAM 4x4 Dually, Crew cab, HO Cummins, Aisin, loaded up. It worked out to about 20% off MSRP, including taxes and all fees. 0% APR for 3 years too.

Originally Posted by donnyj08
Price doesn't seem horrible, I think you might get them down another $1000 on it.

They won't throw I all those extras. That's too much. Maybe one of the extras but not all.

I think if I bought new I'd go with a Ram, but nothing wrong with any of the big 3 IMO. I think you get more truck for the $ with a Ram.

You can get more because Ram is doing huge rebates. The new Ram looks nice but because of the weight reduction the body flex really affects how the ride feels. My kids do not like the light feel at all. Both of the younger ones prefer riding in the 18 even with a little less leg room.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by donnyj08

You can get more because Ram is doing huge rebates. The new Ram looks nice but because of the weight reduction the body flex really affects how the ride feels. My kids do not like the light feel at all. Both of the younger ones prefer riding in the 18 even with a little less leg room.

Interesting info. I think I still prefer the "classic" 2019 models over the redesigned Ram. The new design is growing on me though.

The price doesn't seem that great to me. I can often get $10K - $14K off sticker for crew cabs (Fords or Ram is all I ever look at). Sticker on mine was $39K. I paid $28K.

Originally Posted by kkreit01
The price doesn't seem that great to me. I can often get $10K - $14K off sticker for crew cabs (Fords or Ram is all I ever look at). Sticker on mine was $39K. I paid $28K.

Nice your quoting the two brands with the biggest rebates.

Status
Not open for further replies.