Ouch!🤤

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pretty puny looking winch post Donald, it wouldn't be allowed on the road here. It would need to be box section and fully welded to the drawbar.

Silk said:
That's a pretty puny looking winch post Donald, it wouldn't be allowed on the road here. It would need to be box section and fully welded to the drawbar.[/quote

I didn't want to be the first one to say it but you're exactly right My much lighter Bayliner contacts the bow eye 2' higher with a hefty box steel upright Mines movable for COG adjustment but held by a thick plate secured by 2 HD shackles . I'm curious why your bow eye is so low also. Bit looks like it's underwater some of the time. I never saw one like that before.
On that post design I grabbed an old aluminum bass boat a while back with a similar sort of rig. I had fits with it Finally asking on a forum the old pros came back unanimously saying get rid of it and be happy. It was just another reinvention of the wheel that came and went🙈. There I said it...... flame suit on

Yeah … have a small skiff hitched up now. The winch is welded and pulls the bow into two fixed bunks attached to welded box tube. Then there is a ratchet strap system under that preventing up/down movement. (separate padeye)
In the rear are two transom straps pulled tight and side guides. No rollers … sits on 4 bunks.
Again, this is a small specialty skiff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back