Mann HU816 x

Status
Not open for further replies.
For people new to cartridge filters. This is why people swear by the Mann filters.
No plastic/mesh/metal cage needed for support. It stays solid, doesn't collapse/twist/tear. Just a solid, quality filter, made for 10-20k OCI's. Hope this helps your decision. BTW - Hengst and Mahle also make good filters for euro cars. I have used them, too. I just think these are slightly better.
Hope this helps. (Trilene was not used in the oil change.
grin.gif
)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by IllinoisSparky
For people new to cartridge filters. This is why people swear by the Mann filters.
No plastic/mesh/metal cage needed for support. It stays solid, doesn't collapse/twist/tear.

The media on the last Mann 925/4X that came out of my 530i's engine looked a bit twisted. Never seen it before. Either this filter was not up to par or I am having some impending engine issue, which is quite possible. I had all kinds of engine troubles this past winter, including smoke out of the tail pipe and rough running at start up.

I occasionally buy the OE cartridge filter for my Kia and it's a M+H. As good or better as any other aftermarket filter for the specified oci, in my opinion.

Someone posted a Mahle cartridge C&P a few days back after an extended drain interval and it looked great.

I saw that C&P Mad_Hatter and you got it backwards.

Whoever it was took the old Mahle cartridge out then fitted it into a can and welded an end plate into position.

Originally Posted by IllinoisSparky
No plastic/mesh/metal cage needed for support. It stays solid, doesn't collapse/twist/tear. Just a solid, quality filter, made for 10-20k OCI's. Hope this helps your decision. ...

Is there a support cage in the filter housing? I have seen several cartridges that have nothing in them, but the housing part has the support.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
I occasionally buy the OE cartridge filter for my Kia and it's a M+H. As good or better as any other aftermarket filter for the specified oci, in my opinion.

Someone posted a Mahle cartridge C&P a few days back after an extended drain interval and it looked great.

Hyundai/Kia OEM cartridges are Mahle (at least the cartridge for my 3.3 Lambda II motor is):
[Linked Image]

The canister type are M/H made.

They also make the fleece filter which has the plastic mesh and is like the Boss, for extended drains. Looks the same except white with plastic mesh. If the end caps are moved against one another and the filter is twisted, it is installer error inserting the cartridge into the cap fully before it is screwed down. It was reported Mann is very traditional about efficiency, not as high as the best. It was from their own specifications. Works for me, I think it is more complicated than the efficiency number alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back