Lee Iacocca has passed. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by SLO_Town
We need more men like him. He made things happen.

Scott

Will people say the same about Trump someday?
27.gif

James Brovard wrote some pieces about Iacocca back in the 1980's and 90's. Iacocca was infamous for getting import quotas passed on more reliable Japanese vehicles.

People see what they want to see.

But Iacocca was doing what was best for HIS company, after all that was his job. Not only that it does help US workers keep their jobs in an indirect way.

Trump understands that as well.

Well of course. I mean why not get the govt restrict the number of imports which are more reliable that your own product rather than improve your own to compete with them.

Might want to consider Detroit's demise and who owns that … Regardless, neither of my new GM's were built there - engines included ...

Originally Posted by 4WD
Might want to consider Detroit's demise and who owns that … Regardless, neither of my new GM's were built there - engines included ...

Then why keep buying GM vehicles ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Ought to bury him in a K car.

They sure sold a lot of those basic cars. A family member drove a Dodge Dynasty for 20 years with just routine preventive maintenance.

As a former master tech, I can certainly think of less reliable cars.

RIP, Mr. Iacocca

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Originally Posted by SLO_Town
We need more men like him. He made things happen.

Scott

Will people say the same about Trump someday?
27.gif

Plenty say it right now.

Crimony, that's sad, and it's a testament to how much of my automotive news I get from here and the C&D print edition. C&D has to work it's way through, and when I was tied up and away from here a few days, I never know what's going on.

C&D did a nice interview with him a while back. They are being smart and getting interviews each month from an important old timer before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back