How does Rock Auto do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by loneryder
They buy a lot of inventory close-outs, going out of business liquidation etc.

Ya and luckly my junk is old enough that a lots of parts are being closed out.

I just ordered a new fuel injector for my dodge.
AA= $119
Napa Echlin= $169
RA wholesaler closeout = $22.34
cool.gif

I normally put the part i need in my cart and then go see what closeout stuff has the little truck symbol next to it so i don't pay extra shipping.
I picked up a wholesale close out Y pipe for something ridiculously cheap a few months ago. I don't need it now but I will someday... $1.65 belts. $5 radiator hoses. 13 cent gaskets.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I'm buying all my car parts and maintenance items on Amazon.

I quit buying from Rock Auto.

^This is crazy talk.^

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Originally Posted by NavyVet88
I will admit that my refrigerator has like 25 of those rock auto magnets they send with each order too lol. They didn't send me one on the last order and I was bummed lol
I'm glad that most people on this board are as obsessed with the magnets as I am. I got two in one order once and I was over the moon.

LOL.... I don't think I have ever kept one

How do you get a magnet?? I've placed three or four orders with RA and never a magnet.

Originally Posted by vw7674
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I'm buying all my car parts and maintenance items on Amazon.

I quit buying from Rock Auto.

^This is crazy talk.^

Look for some great deals during the Amazon Prime 2 day sale.

Rockauto doesn't have their own warehouses. A lot of their parts are drop shipped directly from a Parts Authority warehouse.

I absolutely love rockauto. I have to put the magnets out of reach of my daughter. They're my trophies for a job well done.

Originally Posted by The Critic
Rockauto doesn't have their own warehouses. A lot of their parts are drop shipped directly from a Parts Authority warehouse.

If only I could pick up from PA the parts I ordered from RA. There must be 3 or 4 stores with 15 minutes of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back