Good Syntetic oil with less phosphorus and zinc??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car burnung oil ... so just wonder is any good Syntetic oil tahts has less phosphorus and zinc ?
I just afraid of damaging catalytyc converter ...
I know Castrol GTX HM has reduced amount of it....phosporus and zinc
And btw is it worth it to look for this?
Any difference between Syntetic oil vs HM oils on terms of damaging exhaust ???
Car has 141k Miles... 01 E430

Last edited:
For synthetic M1 AFE has less zinc & phos than the standard M1 oils, last time I checked.

Any VW 504/407 Euro oil is synthetic and very low in SAPS level.

Originally Posted by Cheburashka
My car burnung oil ... so just wonder is any good Syntetic oil tahts has less phosphorus and zinc ?
I just afraid of damaging catalytyc converter ...
I know Castrol GTX HM has reduced amount of it....phosporus and zinc
And btw is it worth it to look for this?
Any difference between Syntetic oil vs HM oils on terms of damaging exhaust ???
Car has 141k Miles... 01 E430

I would try some Kreen to see if I could clean up the ring pack area. That is most likely the area causing the oil to be burned.

Originally Posted by doyall
The catalytic converter would be the least of my worries.

Have you priced the cost of new CAT and labor lately? Not talking about the cheap universal CATs that often do no meet specs.

Op, try some Restore to see if that helps. It might not just be your rings that are shot at 140k but maybe even valve seals, which case a thicker or low(er) phosphorus/zinc HiMi w/seal conditioners might help.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Talent_Keyhole
... do no meet specs.

If his car is burning so much oil that the cats are in danger, it is likely not going to pass inspection in any case.

Originally Posted by walterjay
What car and engine is it?

I think an E430 is a Mercedes?

Car has 141k Miles... '01 E430

Yep Mercedes E430 engine is M113 V8
Factory specs is 229.5 for oil
But my car burning oil like 1qt per 800 miles with Mobil 1 0w40 Mobil 1 is the worst ....
Other oils with same weight burning lot less
Castrol GTX 10w40 HM doing the best .. and best oil so far in a last 2 years of owning a car ...
Castrol consumption is 1 qt per 3000 miles ....
And I never have problem with inspection ..no codes..nothing...
And he seeping oil between engine and transmission..at the point when they comes together ... probably rear main seal ....

Last edited:
Yep Mercedes E430 engine is M113 V8
Factory specs is 229.5 for oil
But my car burning oil like 1qt per 800 miles with Mobil 1 0w40 Mobil 1 is the worst ....
Other oils with same weight burning lot less
Castrol GTX 10w40 HM doing the best .. and best oil so far in a last 2 years of owning a car ...
Castrol consumption is 1 qt per 3000 miles ....
And I never have problem with inspection ..no codes..nothing...
And he seeping oil between engine and transmission..at the point when they comes together ... probably rear main seal ....

A leaky valve cover or oil pan can appear there, are you certain it's not that??.. a UV dye could help trace the source if you're not sure. Otherwise, if it's your rear main you're on borrowed time my friend. Fix it..Don't let that seal pop all the way (the crankshaft can shred a worn seal) because you can lose a lot of oil real fast and that would not be a good thing. ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back