Fumoto valves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read mixed reviews on them primarily due to user error in choosing the incorrect type of valve and/or extensions which resulted in either leakage or leakage via damage from underside impact.

As others have said, if you do your own oil changes and the plug isn't too exposed, it is perfect. I love having one. I've owned my 2002 Toyota Tacoma since new and have had the same Fumoto valve on there for probably 16 of the 17 years. They are quality products and I would buy another in a heartbeat.

I have one on my Silverado and like it.

I've never bothered with the 4Runner though. Since I have to remove 1/2 of the truck when I do an oil change (two metal skid plates to get to the oil filter housing), what's a drain plug?
smile.gif
Plus it get's 10,000 mile OCIs, so it's not that big of a deal.

It's nice on my Silverado though. Slide under and open the valve. Oil filter is right next to it. I can change the oil really easy with it!

I have had one on my 2006 Accord since my first OC.. 330,000 miles later, still there. I used to change my oil every 4-6 weeks and was worried the the plug would eventually strip. Never leaked..
Already ordered on for my new car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back