Valvomax drain plug "system"

Since I don’t use a hose - just like the shorties - you can see they only have enough threads to fill the sump threads - so don’t think they strand much oil - you could always pour a few ounces of cheap oil straight through if you want to check it …

View attachment 187451
I have to see if I need an adapter. Thanks for sharing this.

I don't think the Valvomax (assume same for Fumoto) leaves any oil in the pan. It is the same as removing the drain plug. You can see it dripping out of the clear tube until it stops. I would say that is a non-factor. I

I don't think the Valvomax (assume same for Fumoto) leaves any oil in the pan. It is the same as removing the drain plug. You can see it dripping out of the clear tube until it stops. I would say that is a non-factor. I
It does leave a tiny minuscule amount. Nothing to worry about. The amount that is left inside the engine is more than what is left inside the pan. People just use that as an excuse to not buy one

I have thought of these kind of devices before, but in the end I just upgrade the plug to one with a magnet on it. Not sure if it really helps or not, but I figure it must at least a little bit, there is a reason for magnets in transmissions and rear ends, so why not the oil too?

It does leave a tiny minuscule amount. Nothing to worry about. The amount that is left inside the engine is more than what is left inside the pan. People just use that as an excuse to not buy one
I accidentally overfilled mine a bit, so I got under there to let some out. The oil that came out was crystal clear and brand new. So whatever was left over was so tiny that I couldn't see it at all. Seems to me people obsess about that. If the engine holds about five quarts of oil and you change it and the filter, then how much is left in the engine? A couple of tablespoons maybe? Definitely not enough to make any kind of a difference as far as lubrication or performance. People are just being obsessive about it.

Just installed a Valvomax on the Tundra.

The Fumoto had been on it for about 50,000 miles/5 years, without any issues, but the Valvomax doesn’t project out as much from the pan, presenting a smaller chance of it snagging on something, or being struck by something.

As a data point, when I removed the Fumoto, only one or two additional ounces drained from the pan. The system holds 8 quarts.

The Fumoto on this truck didn’t leave anything extra in the pan.

Decided to keep the Valvomax drain tube/fitting in the truck, wrapped in a ziploc bag. In the unlikely event someone else changes the oil - they can use the system as designed, instead of wrenching it off.

@Astro14 you're just being logical again...
Well - not that logical…since it turns out that I installed the Stahlbus, not the Valvomax.

🤦‍♂️

I bought it a couple years ago, only now got around to it. Realized as I was reading the thread, that my drain looked different than the other pictures. That’s when it hit me - I got the Stahlbus.

Still, the amount of oil left over by the Fumoto was near zero and I reckon the same will be true with either the Stahlbus or Valvomax.

I worked on a fleet of buses that had this oil plug, and it was total sh*t. Oil took a lot longer to drain and there was a portion of oil that never drained because of the restriction in the plug. The only pluss side is that there was less mess with this plug.

People on the Internet will argue about anything. But I think it's very satisfying. It's well worth it for the money.

Decided to keep the Valvomax drain tube/fitting in the truck, wrapped in a ziploc bag. In the unlikely event someone else changes the oil - they can use the system as designed, instead of wrenching it off.
I did the same thing leaving the hose in my daughters vehicle. They went to a quick lube. But they removed the whole valve, and used a pliers on the cap after doing another oil change later. I tried removing it by hand, but could not. She told them use a new crush washer, and assumbed they did.

I had to remove 2 shields to change motor oil/trans fluid. I might try and see if it is possible to change motor oil, and oil filter without removing the front shield. Maybe extend the drain hose, possibly access oil filter from the side. I'll have to see if that is possible.

I think the Valvomax is my favourite. Unfortunately it seems pointless if there's still a mess from bottom or side mounted oil filters?

Back