Moving Fumoto to new Forester.

I removed the Fumoto from the Impreza last weekend.
The blue fiber washer was stuck to the oil pan so I left it on and installed the original plug.
I want to install the Fumoto on the new Forester .The only washers that I have that fit are some Subaru drain plug crush washers.
Would those be suitable?
Is there a better material choice?
Anticipation of the first oil change!

The first Fumoto I installed ooozed oil with the fiber washer provided.
Someone had stripped the oil pan hole threads.
I used Permatex Ultra Black as a sealer. Worked fine.

Reactions: JC1
Request a new washer. I did and they sent me a new one.

I soaked the blue washer in oil for 24 hours before installing, zero leaks.

If you use the blue one provided, you have to make sure you don't overtighten it or they can leak. I've never had a leaking issue with mine. I'm thinking of going back to one again so I can periodically take samples and make less of mess.

I'd order another washer. I think at one point I did use the OEM washer and it was fine. I never had a leak with a fumoto.

As others mentioned -- ask for a new one if possible. I just installed a Fumoto on the Rav4 Hybrid in signature this last OCI. Makes things soooooo much simpler overall. Never had an issue with any Fumoto on all vehicles in signature.

I had to just pay for shipping for a new washer when I transferred my valve from a 2010 Kia to a 2021 Kia. I never though of soaking the new washer in oil but so far so good

I think an aluminum washer would work better and it would be my first choice. I almost tossed that blue soft washer out as it was leaking. I kept tightening it little by little and it eventually stopped.

It’s been few years and it is dry, but if I have to remove the valve for whatever reason, that washer is probably trashed.

I removed the Fumoto from the Impreza last weekend.
The blue fiber washer was stuck to the oil pan so I left it on and installed the original plug.
I want to install the Fumoto on the new Forester .The only washers that I have that fit are some Subaru drain plug crush washers.
Would those be suitable?
Is there a better material choice?
Anticipation of the first oil change!
I would use it and can't think of a reason it wouldn't work.

Back