Recent Topics
Older fram ultra
by tblt44 - 10/19/19 08:42 PM
Best price on Colt 9MM pattern mags?
by GumbyJarvis - 10/19/19 08:20 PM
Using a trim router for cutting sheetrock
by JLawrence08648 - 10/19/19 08:09 PM
C&P of a Tough Guard w/50,000 miles to be posted soon
by MrQuackers - 10/19/19 08:04 PM
Chevy dealer, 7 free oil changes?
by Zacc - 10/19/19 07:34 PM
School me..1200 amp jumper
by Schmoe - 10/19/19 07:19 PM
YouTube Finish Test
by RayCJ - 10/19/19 07:09 PM
Overfilled, drained some, still too full?
by OCDriver - 10/19/19 06:16 PM
Wix made in Korea?
by JGmazda - 10/19/19 06:01 PM
Oil change interval question
by SkipCam - 10/19/19 05:49 PM
Remove Spark Plug Wires
by borgward - 10/19/19 04:53 PM
Pinion yoke loose, is the bearing ruined?
by Fsharp - 10/19/19 03:45 PM
Need tires for the mustang
by BeerCan - 10/19/19 03:24 PM
No sign of of oil sample at BStone :(
by 21Rouge - 10/19/19 02:45 PM
Carpet Shopping - Need Advice
by The Critic - 10/19/19 02:17 PM
Local Autozone clearance
by Soggydog - 10/19/19 02:05 PM
Two Fumoto valves
by otis24 - 10/19/19 01:17 PM
Going in the engine today!
by domer10 - 10/19/19 01:15 PM
GM 4WD rubbing/grinding after 4Lo
by HawkeyeScott - 10/19/19 12:52 PM
Choosing a new phone
by ram_man - 10/19/19 12:28 PM
Newest Members
Hallj49803, Tralever, Jhams, gmguy57, jamie24874
69612 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
81 registered members (4WD, AdditiveOCD, 2015_PSD, ammolab, 53' Stude, AITG, 5 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics296,195
Posts5,093,271
Members69,612
Most Online3,532
Jul 30th, 2019
Donate to BITOG
Print Thread
Hop To
Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza #5137531 06/18/19 01:11 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,712
53' Stude Online Content OP
OP Online Content
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,712
Friend has a new to her 2011 Toyota Venza and said she was going to get oil for me to change what's in the vehicle out. I said whichever is cheaper is what I would pick. She goes 5k with her prior vehicles and does 80/20 highways to short trips

Thanks smile



Re: Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza [Re: 53' Stude] #5137545 06/18/19 01:28 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,209
M
maxdustington Offline
Offline
M
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 3,209
Perfect candidate to try to wring some miles out of Edge or Edge EP, but 5k is 5k.

Normal Edge is more than good enough.

Do you have a filter in your stash you plan to run?


97 GMC RCLB K2500LD L30/4L60
Re: Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza [Re: 53' Stude] #5137550 06/18/19 01:31 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,980
S
skyactiv Offline
Offline
S
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,980
It's a Toyota and she goes with 5K OCI's, it'll go forever on anything with the proper weight and API. Use Castrol Edge and a genuine Toyota filter. Also use a new crash washer on each oil change.
I recall seeing Toyota oil filters at Walmart recently. Put the receipt in an envelope and mark the date and mileage the oil was changed and tell her to store it somewhere safe in the house.


Wife: 15' Audi A4 quattro 6 speed manual
Me: 13' VW GTI 3 door 6 speed manual
2018 Elantra Sport 6 speed manual


Re: Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza [Re: skyactiv] #5137570 06/18/19 02:02 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,712
53' Stude Online Content OP
OP Online Content
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,712
Originally Posted by maxdustington
Perfect candidate to try to wring some miles out of Edge or Edge EP, but 5k is 5k.

Normal Edge is more than good enough.

Do you have a filter in your stash you plan to run?


I have a Bosch 3325 D+ I'll put on it. Or a FU (FRAM ULTRA 4967) a friend of brothers gave me to "use or cut open"

Originally Posted by skyactiv
It's a Toyota and she goes with 5K OCI's, it'll go forever on anything with the proper weight and API. Use Castrol Edge and a genuine Toyota filter. Also use a new crash washer on each oil change.
I recall seeing Toyota oil filters at Walmart recently. Put the receipt in an envelope and mark the date and mileage the oil was changed and tell her to store it somewhere safe in the house.


Well, my 09' Camry with the 2AZ-FE is still burning/consuming oil with ST Syn 5w30 HM and I'm going 4k so not all Toyotas will do good on 4-5k ocis



Re: Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza [Re: 53' Stude] #5137617 06/18/19 02:59 PM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,222
JohnnyJohnson Online Content
Online Content
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,222
I used the Castrol Edge EP I had on my last OCI of 7156 miles had lots of TBN left over. If she's going to stick with the 5000 mile OCI regular Edge black jug will work great and its $2 less you may even give Magnetic a thought a little cheaper yet.


2004 Corolla 136202
Out: EDGE EP 5W-30 Bosch 3311 7156 Miles
In: Havoline Pro DS 10w-30 Purolator PureOne 3-14-19 129693
2006 Duramax 76552
Out: T6 5W-40 M1-303
In: T6 5W-40 XG9100 73705 4-22-18
Re: Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza [Re: 53' Stude] #5137633 06/18/19 03:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 398
A
ad244 Offline
Offline
A
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 398
Supertech Synthetic

Re: Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza [Re: JohnnyJohnson] #5137635 06/18/19 03:14 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,712
53' Stude Online Content OP
OP Online Content
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 13,712
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I used the Castrol Edge EP I had on my last OCI of 7156 miles had lots of TBN left over. If she's going to stick with the 5000 mile OCI regular Edge black jug will work great and its $2 less you may even give Magnetic a thought a little cheaper yet.


Yeah, I mentioned that magnatec is cheaper so we shall see



Re: Edge or Edge EP for friends Venza [Re: 53' Stude] #5138145 06/19/19 06:49 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,126
E
edyvw Offline
Offline
E
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,126
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Friend has a new to her 2011 Toyota Venza and said she was going to get oil for me to change what's in the vehicle out. I said whichever is cheaper is what I would pick. She goes 5k with her prior vehicles and does 80/20 highways to short trips

Thanks smile

I am at 7,300 on Mobil1 5W30 EP in my Sienna.
Will do OCI at 10k.
Engines in Venza should do 10k with no sweat on any oil that manufacturer advertises as full synthetic.
My choice would be Mobil1 EP due to higher % of PAO.


15' Toyota Sienna AWD (Mobil1 5W30 EP+OEM filter).
11' VW Tiguan 2.0T (Castrol 0W40+MANN filter)
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

BOB IS THE OIL GUY® Powered by UBB.threads™