New pressure washer issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes normal my cat pump and all the same hold trigger open to start. I start with no tip installed hold trigger open start.

It's normal I suggest you always trigger the wand while starting your power washer. I also shut mine down if I have to move the unit and won't be triggering it for more than a minute or so.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
It's normal I suggest you always trigger the wand while starting your power washer. I also shut mine down if I have to move the unit and won't be triggering it for more than a minute or so.

Thanks for the tip...

I usually remove the tip and insert a water bottle to hold the trigger open.

My 10 year old pressure washer did exactly what was in your video

with my new one it starts on first pull so I dont have to do any of that.

Originally Posted by Rand
I usually remove the tip and insert a water bottle to hold the trigger open.

My 10 year old pressure washer did exactly what was in your video

with my new one it starts on first pull so I dont have to do any of that.

What model do you have now? I am still in the return window for mine..

Last edited:
I've owned a few pressure washers. I've never had one do that. However, I never have any water in the hose of mine. As the hose is always stored empty.

Originally Posted by Cujet
I've owned a few pressure washers. I've never had one do that. However, I never have any water in the hose of mine. As the hose is always stored empty.

Interesting the manual says to pull the trigger and let the air out befoe starting..

Originally Posted by CompGUY

Interesting the manual says to pull the trigger and let the air out befoe starting..

Yes you need to do that DO NOT run pump without bleeding air before start up.
The problem you believe you have their is no issue it's a high quality pump and is normal procedure for start up you will find it's no big deal.

Originally Posted by dave123
Originally Posted by CompGUY

Yes you need to do that DO NOT run pump without bleeding air before start up.
The problem you believe you have their is no issue it's a high quality pump and is normal procedure for start up you will find it's no big deal.

Starting to see that..

The first thing I do before firing up my power washer is connect the hoses and wand. Then I turn on the water and trigger the wand until water flows from it and all the air is out. When it comes time to start the machine, I trigger the wand and start the engine. I set the speed I want the machine to run at based on what I'm doing. Some people go balls to the wall with the bigger machines and ruin decks and siding. But that's another story for another time. My engine will never run more than a minute or two w/o triggering the wand. Doing that has served me well for over 3 decades of power washer ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back