Gave Blood Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disqualified because I lived in Europe for a decade.

Looking at a disqualification list, I am not surprised that there is so much shortage of blood.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I'm 0- negative. I give pretty often. If i forget, they will call me about the 9 week mark. I don't know if its everyone, or just the 0 neg people like me that they call.

O Negative is the universal donor. Anyone can receive O Negative blood type in an emergency without any harmful effects.

Don't worry you're not the only special one. They call everyone.

I've donated 52 times in Canada and probably donated 10 times when I worked in Connecticut. I call it my oil change. Get out some of the "sludge" from the good deep fried junk food I might have consumed in the past 2 months.

Thanks to all who cared enough for their fellow man to donate life saving blood. I gave for many years as the mobile unit came to our plant. I would like to be giving blood today but the medications I take preclude my donation.

I'm O negative and CMV negative, which means my blood can be given to infants. They actually use a different bag for this reason. My blood is in high demand.

I started giving blood about 10 years ago and give once or twice a year. I have 3 daughters and two of them came with me at one time or another. They are too young to give blood, but I want to show them it's no big deal.

The middle one doesn't want to come. She may have inherited that from her mother. My wife faints when she sees a needle
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back