Valvoline Heavy Duty 15w40 w/ Maxlife: DISCONTINUED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's over.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by SavagePatch
So does anybody know what makes this "high mileage"?

Nope

I find it odd that nobody was ever able to get a straight answer to this. And now I suppose we never will...

My only hunch is that the NOACK of 8 is what made it High Mileage. Most SynBlends are 10 or higher so perhaps less burn off with the lower NOACK is what Valvoline considered.

Originally Posted by Sgg93
Got mine ordered. 77 bucks after tax shipped to my house for 12 gallons.

That's a deal! I'd buy some but with colder winter temps I tend to run 5w40 year round in everything so I don't have to change over every season.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
So does anybody know what makes this "high mileage"?

Nope

I find it odd that nobody was ever able to get a straight answer to this. And now I suppose we never will...

My only hunch is that the NOACK of 8 is what made it High Mileage. Most SynBlends are 10 or higher so perhaps less burn off with the lower NOACK is what Valvoline considered.

I just got off the phone with Valvoline. Even though I knew they would answer that it's proprietary I asked them what the synthetic % was in this synthetic blend oil. They did say it was proprietary but that it had to be at least 25% synthetic.

I then asked if it contained Seal Conditioners like the PCMO versions of MaxLife because the PDS for this Heavy Duty version didn't specifically state that it did. He said that it did and assured me that all MaxLife products contain Seal Conditioners.

I also asked if it had been discontinued because of the recent sale price at WalMart. He said that he hadn't been specifically notified about this but that he has had a few calls stating that customer's local WalMarts used to carry it but now they don't.

I used this oil last summer in my Dodge, and it did OK, but no significant change in oil consumption compared to RT6.
I tried to find it this year for my summer oil, but couldn't find it at about 3 different Wallys that I looked in while I was gallivanting about the country.
Finally went cheap with Mobil 1300 Super at $11.97/gal, plus a zddp additive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back