Should I be using motorcraft fl-910s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Pinoak
It's also like half the price. My personal experience with MC is all positive

I respect the evidence. I've seen different filters cut open. Some filters are just better constructed, with better quality material.

You can spend more, and buy a Mobil, Royal Purple, aFe, K&N.....MotorCraft is still one of the better filters in it's price range. So good, that Jeep guys like using MotorCraft instead of Mopar - sometimes - since some Chrysler diehards will always insist on Mopar.

I've never had a Motorcraft filter fail on me.

I suspect that the market is changing. We will get more product from overseas, pricing will go down, and lesser quality will be the new norm. We will accept buying something so cheap, that we accept it's not as good.

I'm still using Motorcraft Fl-1A filters on the big old diesel engine on my boat. The filter lives in a horizontal position, so drainback is not an issue, plus the engine holds 8 quarts of oil. I've cut a bunch open over the years and can see no detectable difference from the first ones I cut open back around 2005. Maybe the larger filters are built on a different line some place that has better quality control? Dirt cheap at Walmart.

I never had an issue with a Motorcraft filter and have more faith in them over an e core anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back