So is the answer always OEM or Fram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
No the answer for me is 99+ percent at 20 Microns and on sale for under $7 with free shipping.

That's terrible for an air filter!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Pinoak
No the answer for me is 99+ percent at 20 Microns and on sale for under $7 with free shipping.

lol.gif

That's right but when this thread started out it was under oil filters I should have read it better.

Originally Posted by Pinoak

lol.gif

Is it washable

ACDelco or Fram for air filters. One or the other are always available and do an excellent job.

I'm sure Wix and Baldwin are also available -- but available on-line.

I'm fortunate to be able to get them all. The AC might require a special order. The Fram does. Ironically, the Wix and Baldwins do not. Special order on that isn't a big deal, given that I don't change them overly often, just at OEM recommendations.

I'm thinking for Japanese/Korean cars, there isn't too much of a difference between the aftermarket brands. I installed a Fram in the friend's heapbox(don't ask) and the media felt like the OEM dual-density media with a fleecy bottom layer on the dirty side and a smoother clean side to catch the smaller stuff. The Wix I pulled out with a damaged seal didn't feel as nice as the Chinese-made Fram.

OEM Densos and Roki(Filtech) use thicker and in many but not all cases lightly oiled media. I remember years ago, the Denso air filters for Toyotas had thick, yellow media that was treated and all the Honda OEM filters I've installed were lightly oiled. I'll always use OEM Toyota filters for the parent's van since I feel they seal up a little better and there is a difference between the OEM non-woven(polyspun) filter and the aftermarket plastic frame types on the more recent models. For my car and the friend's Subaru, I'll use a Fram next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back