Canadian Tire Corded Impact Wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked this up at one of Canadian Tire's regular sales. It was about $130 US equivalent. It's a Maximum, which is CT's upper end store brand. 8.5 Amps, 400 advertised ft lbs, two speeds and LED light. It took off my 80 ft lb lug nuts like nothing. I'll report back on my 140 ft lb 3/4 ton lug nuts.
smile.gif

26FBFC8A-D1D4-4BF8-9DA5-9787C2446F89.jpeg

BA1C8DD9-C31B-4B28-AE1B-DDEE5143B6DF.jpeg

Should be good, I've had their cheap version for 10 years now and it does the job. Lug nuts of almost any size shouldn't be an issue.

I bought the corded one from Harbor Freight mainly for removing lugnuts in the driveway and some bolts here and there. I'm quite impressed with it. I recently did the changeover on the Leaseon and since my jack is too big to fit under it, I have to use a scissor jack. Ran the car up and down using the corded impact and ran the lugnuts on and off (torqued after of course).

What's interesting is when it's connected to my generator, it can only do 80 according to the torque wrench, but plugged in a wall it can go well above the rated 230.

NICE!!! I too bought their cheaper corded 250lb/ft version last year. Runs great for small jobs but that 400lb/ft would be that much better when working on my 3500. I picked up a set of their sockets as well, work great and were reasonable in cost.

I know a few guys with the Cambodian brand impacts and they work great and last for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back