Cateracts and pre-employment physical

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out I've got cateracts after I failed an vision test for an pre-employmen physical for a new job.

So I went to get new glasses hoping it would help pass the vision test,since my other glasses were an old prescription.and going to get the surgery later.

Part of me just wants to tell the employer I need surgery but in doing so I fear I might automatically get disqualified for this new job.

Make an appointment to get it done and tell them, do it its a game changer, I know. Even if you don't get the job do it for yourself you wont regret it.

The Dr will communicate the results to the prospective employer.

I know quite a few folks that have had cataract surgery and they've all been positive.

By all means get the surgery done. My vision. Went from 20-2000 to 20-30 (both before glasses). It was a real game changer for me.

I guess there must be different types of cataracts ?...my wife has them or had them...the doc said with some sort of special lenses she would have a very good chance of them going away...must have worked cause she is just about cataract free now...oh yeah they lens cost almost $800 but no surgery needed

From what they told me its a clouding of the lens in the eye, I was almost blind with them from 2 years of prednesone use. They did 2x 15 min painless operations and replaced the lenses 7 and 9 months ago and my at my last check 6mo checkup I was 20/20 (20/25 prior to the cataracts) with perfect night reading and distance vision with no stars of flares.
The good news is once they do it they don't come back, off prednesone now thanks to a new biologic drug for Asthma and as close to 100% as I am ever going to get.

I had a catarct replacement in my right eye a year ago. My out of pocket was $3000 but that was the laser style surgery and corrective lens. I had what is called the computer replacement. my vision is best at arms length distance and farther. Closer distances are still not great and i do get the corona effect at night with bright lights. When I get the other eye done eventually I will just go with the basic lens and surgery. No lasik, no corrective lens.

I had laser and had slight star effect in one eye at night, he told me he may need to touch it up in a few months when he did it, took 2 min and it was gone. I guess a lot has to do with the doctor doing the job. The doctor who did mine has an excellent rep, young guy, pony tail the whole I am the best and know it thing going on. He seems to be anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back