Havoline DSPro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Walmart within 20 miles of me has 6qt box 19.97 everyday. I am thinking about getting this oil for next change. I love Valvoline conventional which is a blend but is roughly same price. Meets Chrysler specs and both are 5w20. Will run with Mopar filter

The oil will come in their new Smart Change packaging which is a cardboard shell with the oil in a plastic Bag In the Box (BIB) bladder. It's a name brand oil that's currently at a lower price point per quart than SuperTech. I would definitely run it if they have the viscosity that your owner's manual requires.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimzz
I wish they had it near me, great oil at a great price.

Walmart offers free shipping on orders over $35.

Originally Posted by Jesse_NE
The oil will come in their new Smart Change packaging which is a cardboard shell with the oil in a plastic Bag In the Box (BIB) bladder. It's a name brand oil that's currently at a lower price point per quart than SuperTech. I would definitely run it if they have the viscosity that your owner's manual requires.

Especially if you have a 6 qt sump. A Supertech 5 qt jug @ $12.88 works out to $2.58/qt (+ tax), Havoline 6 qt is $14.97, so $2.50/qt (+ tax). Not a huge difference, unless you have a 6 qt sump. Not having to worry about buying either an extra qt (I think $3.50/qt) or an whole jug for future use is nice.
With a 4 or 5 qt sump, not a huge difference, and can come down to availability.

Yup. Add one box plus another $20 of crud you would probably buy there anyway if you went to the physical store and it is fine. You do have to plan it out though, so not quite a convenient as walking in to the store on the day you need it.

Yea I am looking for their 10w30 High Mileage. I don't see that on the website. All stocked on Syn, 5 and 10, oil right now. But need more 10w30 HM.

EDIT:
Just found it. Never comes up on a Walmart search. Searched google and it was the first one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Havoline-SMART-CHANGE-High-Mileage-SB-Motor-Oil-10W-30-6qt/571361417

Last edited:

Yea I am looking for their 10w30 High Mileage. I don't see that on the website. All stocked on Syn, 5 and 10, oil right now. But need more 10w30 HM.

EDIT:
Just found it. Never comes up on a Walmart search. Searched google and it was the first one.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Havoline-SMART-CHANGE-High-Mileage-SB-Motor-Oil-10W-30-6qt/571361417

You know what you found is not Pro DS

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Someone yesterday stated some of those Box flavors are out-of-stock. So it seems to have become a hit for oil shoppers already.

My local Wally World has spotty inventory. Found ordering online for either free shipping to home for $35+ or store pickup a better avenue than playing the game of going into the store to see if they stock it that day or not.

I just ordered two boxes online yesterday. Free shipping to my door from Walmart.com. can't beat that. Will run this in the 4 runner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Havoline Syn is a step-up from Valvoline conv and any Supertech flavor.

This is DSPRO not regular synthetic. According to PDS it states extended drain as well as stop and go driving.

Last edited:
I've been running Havoline ProDS Synthetic in my son's 2017 Escape and it has worked great. I've got a bunch of 5 quart containers from the O'Reilly $10 clearance a couple of years ago. I'd buy it again with no worries.

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle007
Originally Posted by PimTac
It's a great oil at a great price. Run it with no worries.

Except for the high noack

The Noack meets the specs of SN+. I don't focus on any one aspect of oil. As long as it meets specs then it's fine.

The Wal-Mart mobile app says that they now have Pro DS 5W-30 in stock locally at my closet store, but it's still not listed on the website. I might swing by there and buy a couple if they actually do have some in stock. It's only available for in store pickup right now.

Last edited:
I'm giving this oil a shot once I work through my stash. My truck holds 6 quarts and the car holds 4. For less than what I pay for 10 quarts, I could have 2 quarts left for top off or toward another oil change.

The Noack meets the specs of SN+. I don't focus on any one aspect of oil. As long as it meets specs then it's fine.

True ^^^^^^^^

I believe NOACK is not the end all and be all... CCS is also extremely low for Havoline Pro DS... That should be of note here as well...

The NOACK on my 10w-30 Pro DS is 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back