Just OCI'ed using Havoline Smart Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff is a great value! Both my Yukon and my sisters Fusion take 6 qts. exactly each oil change. It's always more money than it should be for just one extra quart with the 5 qt. jug. I know it's likely just placebo effect, but I swear this stuff runs quieter in my Yukon than the Amsoil OE or Pennzoil Platinum that I usually run. Much less startup racket. Probably in my head. Anyway it appears to be a great oil for the $15.47 I spent on it. I just wish my local Walmart would stock it, or at least offer store Pickup for it. They don't do either - I have to buy online and ship to home, which is fine, but have to spend $35 for free shipping. Also, the ProDS is absolutely nowhere to be found in the Smart Change package. I'd love the option for family oil changes - several which are a Dexos 1 Gen2 application and are 5+ quarts.

Anyway - seems to be good stuff! The cardboard box wasn't a big deal - it soaked up any spillage and worked fine to put the used oil in for recycling. Anyone else use it?

[Linked Image]

I would like to use it if it were available with the Pro DS. I think Chevron has a good packaging idea here and I would like to see this expanded to the quart size as well.

I hope this packaging catches on with the other companies as well.

So far after 500 miles my Corolla seems to be liking Pro DS just fine. I had to pay about $18.XX for five quart jugs. But I got the rebate.
Now $19 and change for 6 quarts would be a bargain. I'm not sure whose missing to boat here Havoline or Walmart but that's a deal. The
10w-30 is quiet and very smooth. We'll see how it works out at about a 7500 mile OCI.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
So far after 500 miles my Corolla seems to be liking Pro DS just fine. I had to pay about $18.XX for five quart jugs. But I got the rebate.
Now $19 and change for 6 quarts would be a bargain. I'm not sure whose missing to boat here Havoline or Walmart but that's a deal. The
10w-30 is quiet and very smooth. We'll see how it works out at about a 7500 mile OCI.

I noticed that Walmart.com had the 10w30 Pro DS Smart Change box for $19.97. That's a great price.

My local Walmart has the smart change box Pro DS for $19.97. They had two boxes of 10w-30 the last time I was in there. It's finally starting to show up.

Does anybody have a VOA on the 10w-30?

Originally Posted by PimTac

I noticed that Walmart.com had the 10w30 Pro DS Smart Change box for $19.97. That's a great price.

There is no doubt about that PimTac I'll see just how well this stuff shows its stuff on a UOA in the Oct/Nov time frame.

Good call on the 10w30 - I forgot that I saw that the other day. Maybe we will start to see other viscosities stocked soon.

My local Wally world now has the Havoline Pro DS 5w30... It is sure hard not to get that... But I already had another run of Peak high mileage ready for the Grey Goose...

Definitely thinking about using this for the Taurus in a 5W-30 flavor, since it takes 5.5 quarts. Extra half a quart for topping up, if need be.
grin.gif

So far ......my Corolla.....Pro DS just fine. We'll see how it works out at about a 7500 mile OCI.

7500 would be fine in that engine with the cheapest API SN oil you can buy (SuperTech?)

The Hav Pro DS will last much, much, much longer.

Good to hear, OP. I've got ProDs on deck for both vehicles and can't wait to use the Smart Change box.

I would like to use it if it were available with the Pro DS. I think Chevron has a good packaging idea here and I would like to see this expanded to the quart size as well.

You couldn't give me a "box o' oil" for free. The likelihood of puncture and spill is too great. I was never a fan of wine in boxes either.

Originally Posted by ClarkSuper100

You couldn't give me a "box o' oil" for free. The likelihood of puncture and spill is too great. I was never a fan of wine in boxes either.

Good that leaves more for us at the store at a good price.

Chevron has the rights to the Havoline brand. They have for some time yet they have never really pushed it nor advertised it much. Being Chevron, it is a good oil and at a great price, especially with the Smart Change box.

It's hard to find around my area but Wally's does carry some of the grades online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back