MANNOL ATF Multivehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used/have experience with the above product.I am thinking of using it in my Nissan K11 Micra/March 1.3 N-CVT.It calls for Nissan Matic D Fluid or Dexron IIE,Dexron III.The Nissan Matic D is very expensive,the Mannol product is actually very reasonably priced,however i don't want to use it just because it's affordable, if it's not very good.

https://mannol.de/en/?action=accessory_chemical_preview&name=ATF Multivehicle

Buying anything from the company known to cut corners is risky. I would probably use it if I had no choice or if I didn't care much about the car.

Originally Posted by Ether
Has anyone used/have experience with the above product.I am thinking of using it in my Nissan K11 Micra/March 1.3 N-CVT.It calls for Nissan Matic D Fluid or Dexron IIE,Dexron III.The Nissan Matic D is very expensive,the Mannol product is actually very reasonably priced,however i don't want to use it just because it's affordable, if it's not very good.

https://mannol.de/en/?action=accessory_chemical_preview&name=ATF Multivehicle

Are you able to get a DEXRON III clone for less?

Remember OP is in Europe. So the brands over there is not commonly available in the US which is where most members live.

Sorry for not answering, I don't know a thing about what is available in Europe.

Just stating the fact because most people when they answer, they don't see the location.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jimzz
CVT that calls for regular Matic D? Are you sure about that?

For sure.
confused2.gif

Most CVT's use a specific CVT formulation because they rely on Traction Coefficients whereas Step-Shift transmissions rely on Dynamic Coefficient of frictions.

NissanMaticD fluid is pretty much a Dexron III(H)/Mercon clone.

Thanks.This is straight from the owners manual. 'N-CVT Fluid= Nissan Genuine Matic D Fluid or Equivalent'. 'Contact your Nissan Dealer for recommended brands of ATF Dexron IIE or Dexron III'

The unit is a Jatco RE0F05A N-CVT Transmission,used in this car model from 1992-2000.I thought Dexron IIIH wasn't introduced until 2002/2003?

Originally Posted by Ded Mazai
Buying anything from the company known to cut corners is risky. I would probably use it if I had no choice or if I didn't care much about the car.

Do you have evidence that this company is doing/or has done this?

Mannol is the fluids brand of SCT, a parts company based in Germany. A while ago they bought Pemco, a Lithuanian lubricants manufacturer, and thus many SCT Lubricants fluids are probably made in Lithuania, so whilst the company itself is German, the 'German quality oil' stuff they go on about is a bit cheeky. However, they produce and sell a lot of oils and other fluids, and if they had any widespread quality issues we would probably have heard of it by now.

I bought a 10 litre drum of their Dexron III to flush the transmission in my 240 and it has been absolutely fine. In a relatively undemanding application like a K11 Micra I think their Matic-D equivalent should also be absolutely fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back