Rotella Gas Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
The general consensus is this:

1) We feel it is just a marketing gimmick, and
2) We are all waiting for it to go on clearance!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Linctex

1) We feel it is just a marketing gimmick, and
2) We are all waiting for it to go on clearance!
lol.gif

This, no info about it and skimpy answers from Shell makes us worry that its not worth the price.

Originally Posted by jpstiles02
I am curious of this oil, because I have a 2500HD with the 6.0 engine. I am still using my stash of M1 AFE 0w30 from 3 years ago, but its almost gone.
https://rotella.shell.com/en_us/pro...apdOhIVtHRoCF_cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1) Shell (SOPUS - Pennzoil, Quaker State) has a good reputation, and has for many years.

2) Shell Rotella Gas Truck (RGT) is a slightly thicker oil than most others in that grade, which helps fight possible fuel dilution when towing or hauling.

3) Their claim of better anti-oxidants may use intellectual property from Infineum, their additive company they co-own with Mobil, so expect advanced anti-ox.

4) It's dexos1 Gen2 certication means it meets the highest domestic oil specs. (Only tougher specs are BMW LL-01FE in the HTHS 3.0 class you use.)

I'd recommend RGT to anyone, although I tend to favor Mobil1 Extended Performance, Mobil1 Annual Protection, or Castrol gold jug Extended upper tier oils if you are looking for something better.

Others on here like to whine about "marketing". Just look at the facts, I say.

You know what? I think they're smart, they found a huge niche in the market...and they're capitalizing on it (pickup truck, SUV). It's the biggest market in vehicles sales today and they just caught your attention and told you that this oil is for you...that it's designed for you. Gimmick? I think so, sure. Just looking at the ingredients, they add a little here, take away a little here. A littleness different and evidently the magic formula for your truck and SUV. Lol

If it's priced right? Hey great. If it isn't? I wouldn't even look at the stuff.

But they've done has worked. People are talking about an oil, lots of people. And people are probably buying it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Here is how Gas Truck stacks up against some other SOPUS products. Enjoy.
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Here is how Gas Truck stacks up against some other SOPUS products. Enjoy.
smile.gif

Nice summary! There's not much difference between Rotella Multi-Vehicle and Gas Truck. Gas truck has higher Moly and lower Boron. Multi-Vehicle has higher Mag, so probably higher TBN.

Originally Posted by Railrust
You know what? I think they're smart, they found a huge niche in the market...and they're capitalizing on it (pickup truck, SUV). It's the biggest market in vehicles sales today and they just caught your attention and told you that this oil is for you...that it's designed for you.

I say it's going to be very handy for mixed fleets as well, since it'll be available where diesel spec Rotella will be, too.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
Multi-Vehicle has higher Mag, so probably higher TBN.

Yes, the Multi-Vehicle TBN is significantly higher, at like 11.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back