Is Zerex Asian (Blue) FL-22 compatible/mixable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an email in with Valvoline asking the same question but I was wondering if any of you knew. Is Zerex Asian compatible with FL-22 coolant (Mazda)? And if it is, what color does the FL-22 and Zerex Asian Blue make when mix? Specifically when doing a drain and fill.

I'll post Valvoline's response when I receive it.

Last edited:
It will work just fine. The coolant will probably end up being blue-green
laugh.gif

I've mixed green with blue coolant in my wife's Civic. Her's is one of the older Honda Type 2 factory fills where it was still kind of a forest green. After a less than optimal drain and fill (maybe 0.6 gallons of a spec'ed 1.03 gallon change amount and a 1.37 gallon total capacity) it's still green with that much Honda Type 2 (blue). At least for me I was thinking it was neglected and needed some new corrosion inhibitor in there.

But it's just a dye and won't hurt anything. It may also depend on how much dye was used in the factory fill and in the Zerex. I've found a lot of coolants where the amount of dye may have gone up or down depending on manufacturing variations.

Both are long service interval Asian P-Hoat AFs. FL22 happens to be tinted green and comes as a 55/45 concentration premix. Valvoline/Zerex Asian Vehicle blue from WM or the ZAF blue tint available through AP stores both come as standard 50/50 Asian AF premix. Perfectly compatible, just as noted your system AF tint will change a tad from green to blue green.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Both are long service interval Asian P-Hoat AFs. FL22 happens to be tinted green and comes as a 55/45 concentration premix. Valvoline/Zerex Asian Vehicle blue from WM or the ZAF blue tint available through AP stores both come as standard 50/50 Asian AF premix. Perfectly compatible

Great, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back