NAPA Canada Asian Vehicle Coolant/Antifreeze, Recochem, 2-EHA?

Does anyone know if it contains any 2-EHA, and what chemical differences there might be between it and the Canadian Toyota SLLC (also in Recochem jugs)?

I know it might be better to ask NAPA Canada or Recochem, but I thought that maybe someone here would know.

I found a thread in which an email from Recochem was quoted saying that none of their formulations contain 2-EHA, if I recall it correctly, but I'm not sure if that includes the NAPA Canada brand or not.

NAPA Canada Asian Toyota Pink 50/50 product page: https://www.napacanada.com/en/p/RCO49601PT
Product code on back of jug: "36-184PTU/N"
SDS: https://web.chempliance.com/MSDS/OpenDoc.ashx?DocID=62683

Product code on back of Toyota Canada SLLC 55/45 jug: "56-114TOY"
SDS: can't find on the SDS search site for Recochem

The SDS I found for the NAPA product code isn't very helpful either, other than maybe there being a huge list of other product codes under "Other Means of Identification", one of them being an STP branded product that specifically says "No 2-EHA" in its sell sheet. Not sure this confirms that the NAPA Toyota Pink doesn't have any however, and it probably doesn't confirm this, because I found a product code there that is an phosphate free OAT, and another that is a P-OAT, so even such chemical differences apparently don't warrant a separate SDS.

The Toyota Canada SLLC product code isn't that list either, for what's it worth.

Would there be any reduction/difference in corrosion inhibition between the NAPA and Toyota coolants? Any reduction in the corrosion inhibition if the two were mixed (not everything comes out in a simple 'drain/fill', and I'd rather avoid flushing it with water if it doesn't make sense).

Any insight from coolant/antifreeze aficionados and/or chemists would be appreciated!

Thanks

What they said and what you wrote make me confident that Napa's Recochem-made house brand coolant doesn't use 2-EHA :)

If you're still skeptical, consider Zerex Asian or Pentofrost A4.

What they said and what you wrote make me confident that Napa's Recochem-made house brand coolant doesn't use 2-EHA...
Curious, which Napa AF are you referencing as made by Recohem? I have a jug of their Asian Blue AF here, on back says made by OldWorld LLC makers of Peak. Warranty pdf for it also shows Old World. I'm thinking, Peak OET Asian by another name.

As for topic, any time I've looked at Recochem Asian AFs, be it for Canada market or the US, no 2eha as inhibitor in either. It's been a while, but I've seen nothing to the contrary. I'd be confident using Napa Asian red/pink as I would the OEM. That said, if your doubts about it not satisfied, just use SLLC pink.

Curious, which Napa AF are you referencing as made by Recohem? I have a jug of their Asian Blue AF here, on back says made by OldWorld LLC makers of Peak. Warranty pdf for it also shows Old World. I'm thinking, Peak OET Asian by another name.

As for topic, any time I've looked at Recochem Asian AFs, be it for Canada market or the US, no 2eha as inhibitor in either. It's been a while, but I've seen nothing to the contrary. I'd be confident using Napa Asian red/pink as I would the OEM. That said, if your doubts about it not satisfied, just use SLLC pink.

OP is from Canada :sneaky:

Napa's house brand coolant supplier in Canada is Recochem. In the US, it's Peak like you said.

Without an SDS listing specifics your guessing. Even if its made by a supplier doesn't mean its the same as their own brand. If this is important to you go find a brand that you know for sure you like.

Back