GY Assurance made in Chile now, err

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I have to call Bovine Scatology on the Bridgestone/Firestone diss-the BEST truck tires I've had have been Transforce A/Ts & HTs, and the Bridgestone Dueler Revos are so far above any other LT tire I've used, it's an unfair comparison. And, I've run close to a million miles on 10 ply tires on company vans! Granted, the Firestone Steeltex ones & some of the passenger ones could be better, but they can make good ones too.
Bullwinkle, I never really had a chance to deal with Bridgestone/Firestone LTs. I'm talking more about there car tires. If you ever have patched one of those tires in the summer heat, the liner on the inside peals away. No other brand of tire I have ever seen does that. Weirdly I have only noticed that on the Firestones and NOT the Bridgestones. The reason I don't like the Bridgestones is the OEM Ecopias my 17 Jetta came with where terribly flat spotted on a 2 month old car. Ended up throwing them away at 2K miles because I couldn't handle it anymore.

I would not have a problem running Bridgestone Duelers, I think they are somewhat of a nice looking tire. Never ran them personally before though.

I bought RT43's made in Brazil. I got them again this time one made in USA and 3 in France. The mistake I made was checking where they were made. Otherwise I would be in blissful ignorance.

Most Douglas tires are US-made. Douglas being a cheap private label made by Goodyear, and they don't make private label tires for anyone else except WM
crazy2.gif

They are called Assurance. You can be Assured that Goodyear tires have been utter junk the last couple decades. I have bought many a brand over the years but none worse than Triple Treads from Goodyear.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Originally Posted by CT8
Do we get as upset when we buy food grown in other nations?

...... Its about feeling confident my family is safe in a car with 4 matching tires, thats all.
I agree with you, PLUS buying American is good. We also have some of the Chile-made Goodyear tires. They're very good, but I really wanted Goodyear for the first time in my life, AND American made tires. Chuck all the naysayers, who can't see the import of buying American AND make you sound prejudiced. I started buying used tires. Lo & behold! What happened. I started finding used American made tires that people were selling. I got more American made tires than I've ever had. How 'bout that!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by litesong
Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Originally Posted by CT8
Do we get as upset when we buy food grown in other nations?

...... Its about feeling confident my family is safe in a car with 4 matching tires, thats all.
I agree with you, PLUS buying American is good. We also have some of the Chile-made Goodyear tires. They're very good, but I really wanted Goodyear for the first time in my life, AND American made tires. Chuck all the naysayers, who can't see the import of buying American AND make you sound prejudiced. I started buying used tires. Lo & behold! What happened. I started finding used American made tires that people were selling. I got more American made tires than I've ever had. How 'bout that!

Thanks you, I believe you actually understand my concern here and Im definetly no prejudiced. All the other comments I still like reading too because quite honestly, its entertaining to say the least. There are some good things said about GY tires that are made in Chili, thats promising. bullwinkle commented high mileage out of his so riding these two new tires is probably what I will do and just keep my eye on the wear bars on the originals.

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
The Goodyear Kelly branded tires on my car were made in North Carolina.
......a foreign country, for sure! I hear Stacey Abrams is trying to bring democracy to that distant region of the world. Good for her.

Originally Posted by litesong
Originally Posted by zzyzzx
The Goodyear Kelly branded tires on my car were made in North Carolina.
......a foreign country, for sure! I hear Stacey Abrams is trying to bring democracy to that distant region of the world. Good for her.

?

Ah...I see...

I hold to this: that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

While I am still waiting for that day, it can never come when the first, and only, thing that people use to judge others, or situations, is the color of their skin, or their gender, or any other element of ethnicity.

When the only criteria on which you judge someone is their race, YOU are the racist. Read those articles, the reader is asked to make a judgement only on the basis of race. It's the only presented fact or merit of the case.

You've judged these situations, solely on the basis of race, not on the underlying merits of the individual, or the particulars of the case.

Sorry, I don't accept your analysis of this country, or the South. I don't accept your viewpoint.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14
Ah...I see...

I hold to this: that my children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

While I am still waiting for that day, it can never come when the first, and only, thing that people use to judge others, or situations, is the color of their skin, or their gender, or any other element of ethnicity.

When the only criteria on which you judge someone is their race, YOU are the racist. Read those articles, the reader is asked to make a judgement only on the basis of race. It's the only presented fact or merit of the case.

You've judged these situations, solely on the basis of race, not on the underlying merits of the individual, or the particulars of the case.

Sorry, I don't accept your analysis of this country, or the South. I don't accept your viewpoint.

Thanks Astro. Well said. I could not agree with you more.

Originally Posted by Astro14
......YOU are the racist......I don't accept your analysis of this country, or the South.

I accept the analysis of Native Tribal members in S,Dakota, freezing to death inside buildings that you can see outside through the walls, not just the windows, which often are only paper.
I accept the analysis of white southerners about their racial mis-education.
https://www.theguardian.com/global/...erners-who-changed-their-views-on-racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back