Spray & wipe off wax - any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find a good spray wax that's easy to use and doesn't require a great deal of time to apply. I've been using a product called Eagle One wax-as-you-dry and have been impressed with the results (staying power and ease of use especially.)

I just don't have the time lately to do full detailing, but I always dry my cars after a wash, so a wax that can be applied with the vehicle wet would be preferred.

This is one that popped out at me:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Meguiars-D...m2ce4272800:g:iJkAAOSwiSVcThoV:rk:6:pf:0

If there are others or if anyone has any experience with the above product, I'd love to hear it.

Been using Aerocosmetics Waterless Wash & Wax...been happy with it.

Last edited:
There are so many good products out there. Griots makes a excellent spray wax. Sonax Spray and Seal is another with the idea that you wash off the spray and the buff. Mothers has just come out with a new spray sealant that is getting rave reviews

Why not use CQuartz HydrO2 or McKees Hydro Blue SiO2? Spray on, rinse off, beads well and adds protection without even wiping....

My latest favs are the Lucas Speed Wax (love the smell and its dual wax-as-u-dry or straight wax capabilities) and Griots Garage Best of Show spray wax (superb workability, shine, and protection). But all the others listed so far are good products too. You really can't wrong as long as you stick to the name brands and stay off the Bargain isle of the local Dollar Tree, I reckon.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
My latest favs are the Lucas Speed Wax (love the smell and its dual wax-as-u-dry or straight wax capabilities) and Griots Garage Best of Show spray wax (superb workability, shine, and protection). But all the others listed so far are good products too. You really can't wrong as long as you stick to the name brands and stay off the Bargain isle of the local Dollar Tree, I reckon.

Use both of these with Xcellent results, like to spray the whole car down with liberal amounts of spray and come back and wipe down, seems to have better results this way.
thumbsup2.gif

I have been using Turtle Wax, Wax-As-You-Dry for years. (Green trigger spray bottle). It's inexpensive, works well, has a pleasant odor, and won't streak or cause problems if you get any on glass or plastic trim. Wal-Mart carries it. I use it every time I wash, and it really provides a nice gloss. (Just don't believe the part about, "One bottle waxes up to 17 cars").

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-9-1-Step-Dry/dp/B0007TV6M0

I was a fan of Eagle One's Superior Nanowax spray until I discovered Chemical Guys Ecosmart waterless wash and wax. I have yet to try out Griot's Best Of Show spray.

Duragloss Aquawax is a good wax as you dry product. Not particularly durable. It's spray wax.

The Optimum spray wax is durable. More like a spray sealant. I notice that it has a fairly narrow temperature band for use. Since it's not really spray wax you can't use it too often.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jimbrewer
Duragloss Aquawax is a good wax as you dry product. Not particularly durable. It's spray wax.

The Optimum spray wax is durable. More like a spray sealant. I notice that it has a fairly narrow temperature band for use. Since it's not really spray wax you can't use it too often.

You have it exactly backwards. Optimum IS carnauba wax combined with polymers.
Aquawax is a synthetic sealant spray with the gloss of a wax.

Look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back