Lucas and fresh oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I recently did a fresh oil change and I added Lucas fuel injection cleaner and upper cylinder lubricant at a heavy dosage.

My question is Lucas known to contaminate oil?

Thanks

When I used it in my Santa Fe it used to change the oils colour slightly whereas not using it, it would stay amber coloured longer before turning dark.

It's basically just calcium in their UCL/Fuel System cleaner. Nothing to worry about.

Redline SI-1 did the same thing to me but with a redish hue to the oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
When I used it in my Santa Fe it used to change the oils colour slightly whereas not using it, it would stay amber coloured longer before turning dark.

It's basically just calcium in their UCL/Fuel System cleaner. Nothing to worry about.

Redline SI-1 did the same thing to me but with a redish hue to the oil.

Thanks for the quick reply!

RIght after I put in the Lucas I thought maybe I should have waited until the end of the oci.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Use TopTier gasoline and you won't need to add questionable things of dubious value to your tank.

I always run 93 Oct mainly v power as my engine requires premium being an ls1.

Yeah, I probably won't use Lucas again as I don't like the after thought about possibly contaminating oil.

Last edited:
There is no need to add anything to your fuel if you use Top-Tier.

If you want to add a PEA based fuel system cleaner occasionally you can but that would be it. No need for UCL / regular dosing.

I drive a ton of miles and can vouch that it's not needed.

Last edited:
I used Lucus in last car with oil change never had a problem. Reason I used it anyhow I was running top tier gas was carbon buildup as I only put 5k or less a year.

Originally Posted by Ls1z
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Use TopTier gasoline and you won't need to add questionable things of dubious value to your tank.

I always run 93 Oct mainly v power as my engine requires premium being an ls1.

Yeah, I probably won't use Lucas again as I don't like the after thought about possibly contaminating oil.

There will not be much containment it really is insignificant if you used the recommended doseage.

I definitely used a heavy dose, the full 5 or 6 oz bottle for about 8-10 gallons of gas.

I only intended to put in half the bottle but I wasn't able to see how much was being poured so quick.

I definitely used a heavy dose, the full 5 or 6 oz bottle for about 8-10 gallons of gas.

I only intended to put in half the bottle but I wasn't able to see how much was being poured so quick.

One bottle is not enough to worry about. When you start putting in enough to measure in a quarts is when I would be just a bit concern.

You're running mostly V-Power?, why are you using fuel additives at all?

High detergent top tier fuel is providing you all the cleaning you will ever need.

I ended up getting a bottle of it for free from a friend that bought some on a promo deal and thought I'd give it a try

Originally Posted by BikeWhisperer
You're running mostly V-Power?, why are you using fuel additives at all?

High detergent top tier fuel is providing you all the cleaning you will ever need.

There have been analyst done showing even with top tier fuels used injectors can still be clogged.

Even with top tier fuels you can still get dirty injectors and poor spray patterns at the nozzle over time. Besides, the Lucas stuff is almost useless and will not hurt a thing if you overdose. Its not really a cleaner at all, and mostly adds a light oil to the fuel for a Top end lube. If you want to truly clean up your injectors, get something with a high dose of PEA like RedLine or Regane.

If concerned , go fill up the gas tank to dilute it .

Hey, we're from the same neck of the woods
smile.gif

I made this post to try and be sure that the oil would still be safe to run, since I do tend to drive the car hard at times.

Thanks for the info guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back