Penny Serenade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Was watching SNL but had to surf for something else as it was just too much political nonsense. Lo and behold, one of my fav classics. Gets me every time.

Some of these old movies are great...they just don't make 'em like this anymore...I agree about SNL, it's turned into nothing but a POTUS bash fest...

SNL's "inside motto" for their business model should be, "Count 'em before they get their driver's licenses".
Or
"Let's influence their purchase decisions before they learn the value of money".

The show was always badly done, even in its "Golden Age". Performers were left on camera too, too long. The material was almost always thin-at-best.

Honestly, the show was always hard to sit through.

What is POTUS?

OTOH, since every broadcaster is repeatedly extolling the late Bush-41 as a great man it's OK for anyone to poke fun at Trump....unless freedoms go only the way you want 'em too.

Happy New Year

Originally Posted by Zee09
Originally Posted by PimTac
SNL is dead.

Anything with William Powell is a treat.

WP is my favorite. +1

The other day I watched Life With Father on Amazon Prime. One of my favorite movies. It never gets old.

I watched it again last week
I don't like the colorized versions of these movies though
On my firestick Amazon with prime wants to charge me to watch ( the great movies)
so I just take the TV online under firestick and in the Internet app I just search William Powell movies etc.

Under that you see many free versions- usually based in the EU but even with DSL they run perfect and no issues.
At the end of the month you may run up $200-$300 otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back