Let’s start 10k, 15k and 20k OCI clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 10k OCI with all my cars and 20k Oil filter interval (OFI). I own a 96 3.4l 4x4 Tacoma, 290k, 98 BMW M3, 199k (Dinan) and 2012 Honda Fit 81k. Same for all for the last 15 yrs. less work and economical.

What are you all doing?

Gona push for a 25k OCI in the 2.0 ecoboost. Made it 15k on Amsoil XL series with little issue gona try 25k with SS

Can we get an honorary membership level at 5k for VQ37 and LS1/2 and other high strung N/A engines? In my experience any of those sheer oil and neither really likes anything over 7k or so regardless of the brew.

That's a club I won't join. The cost of membership could end up being very high for me.

After a few years at BITOG, I finally extended my OCI beyond 5K with a recent oil change at 7K for my Civic. It took a lot to get me to extend it that far, I don't think I'll join the 10K OCI until I replace either car in my sig with one that went 10K straight from the factory.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
That's a club I won't join. The cost of membership could end up being very high for me.

Same here. Saving pennies at the expense of dollars. That's why a person should buy new cars if they can afford it. To me it's like trying to hold a p*^s or sh#@ for as long as possible, just to see how long you can do it. Why?

Members of that club probably like videos like this. To top it off, these IDIOTS don't even know what kind of car they are destroying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=6vEsrM-yuCY

Scott

What … many years ago I joined the 5k club … a few years back I joined the 7.5k club … and the rate I'm going the cars will be electric before my next step … J/K … after warranty and move up to 5w30 …

Longest oil change in my life was 4400 miles over approx 6 months. Doesn't look good for me joining any clubs even at 5K now that I'm a short tripper heading towards retirement. Though on the "good" side I am getting up to 8K miles on a my Fram Ultra Guards...might even push it to 10K-12K.

I can afford the extra $20/yr in "shorter" oil changes. What I can't afford is a new or rebuilt engine. It's like a 200-1 gamble. Save $20 to risk $4000. And 20 yrs from now is the break even point. I'll be 84 then.

Last edited:
10k on my Ford Transit, with Mobil 1 EP 5w30. My 99 Mercedes gets Mobil 1 0w40 and goes anywhere from 5k to 18k and is changed every 12 to 18 months. The pickup gets Mobil 1 HM or Pennzoil Platinum 5w20 once per year, no matter the mileage, which is usually not a lot. The 08 Jeep goes 6k, which is usually about ever 6 months. It runs M1 HM 5w20 or 5w30. Finally, the 18 Jeep has had M1 AP 0w20 for the first few OCI's, the longest of which was 4k. It is at 5k on the latest change and I'm going to go the distance with the OLM, which is at 40%, so I'm guessing we'll get to somewhere around 7.5k.

I run Fram Ultraguards on all of them, including both cartridges and cans.

I'm doing 10k intervals with my wife's BMW, but the OCIs in the Corvette and Honda will be closer to the 6-8k range still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back