Undercarriage damage can mean frame damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that undercarriage damage can mean frame damage? even if the car has the no brand unfit title (not salvage or irreparable)?

I don't know how it's done in your province in Canada, but here in the States there are specific terms like "Salvage" not "no brand unfit title (not salvage or irreparable). AFAIK there is no such thing as irreparable, though it might vary by state. If the title has a specific classification it might help to state what that is.

Yes undercarriage damage can mean the similar/same structural problem as if the frame was damaged, since you wrote car so unless it's very old it would be unibody so the undercarriage floorpan of the car is the equivalent of the frame. It could be cost prohibitive to fix something with significant damage or might just need trued and/or structural support welded on. In my US state a salvage vehicle can be repaired and inspected to become road worthy again.

In Ontario you must be given the sellers pkg. obtained from the licence office when buying a used car. This will show previous owners and reveal if the car is from another province or state that does not report write offs. A car fax report is your best tool, even if you pay for it yourself. I have heard that an Ontario car that is a salvage title can be erased if repaired in Quebec and the car brought back and sold again in Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back