Oil Spray on Vehicle with Noxudol

I recently purchased a 2021 Tundra. It is a low mileage truck that hasn't seen inclement weather (yet) so, the undercarriage looks virtually new. It was undercoated by the Toyota dealer with what appears to be Noxudol. My previous truck had Noxudol applied after a frame inspection and it appears to be the same black gooey type coating.

I live in an extremely harsh environment for rust. My old truck's Noxudol coating did not hold up well after a decade of use. I am sure part of the reason was that it was applied by the dealer after the truck was already about 5 years old. So, I would like to still oil spray my new truck. Has anyone oil sprayed a vehicle that has a Noxudol type undercoating or similar? If anything, I think the Noxudol might help the oil spray to stick to the truck better.

I recently purchased a 2021 Tundra. It is a low mileage truck that hasn't seen inclement weather (yet) so, the undercarriage looks virtually new. It was undercoated by the Toyota dealer with what appears to be Noxudol. My previous truck had Noxudol applied after a frame inspection and it appears to be the same black gooey type coating.

I live in an extremely harsh environment for rust. My old truck's Noxudol coating did not hold up well after a decade of use. I am sure part of the reason was that it was applied by the dealer after the truck was already about 5 years old. So, I would like to still oil spray my new truck. Has anyone oil sprayed a vehicle that has a Noxudol type undercoating or similar? If anything, I think the Noxudol might help the oil spray to stick to the truck better.
According to their website faqs they offer a "sound damping " coating and a cavity wax that can be used along side their undercarriage coatings.

I have had good luck with corrosion free .
Only place i know of that does it is Canadian tire.
Everything counts on a proper application Here is where Canadian tire may lack !
And you must re apply every year for maximum protection.

Just to clarify, there are no local Noxudol dealers and as a long time oil spray user, I prefer to go that route. I just want to know if anyone has sprayed an oil spray or lanolin based rust proofing over top of it.

FWIW, not only did the Noxudol not hold up that well on my old truck, but my friends' Tacoma actually had frame failure even after the dealer did the Noxudol treament.

noxudol has the bitumen coating as well as other coatings.

Sounds like he got 900 or 1600

300 is the one I would use.

No idea how compatible sheep lanolin is with those.. but the 300 should be compatible with their other coatings.
I am not sure which Noxudol was used, but it was just the undercarriage that was done. It's definitely not waxy. I desecribe it more as a very viscous black oil like product. Like I said, it looks very similar to my old truck when Toyota sprayed the frame for the rust campaign.

I see you are in Ontario Canada. Have you had bad experiences with Krown?

My Canadian motor head friends consider yearly Krown applications as routine as an engine oil change. They have zero undercarriage rust issues.
I have had great experiences with Krown, which is why I want to stick with an oil spray. I also want to spray inside my body panels. My only complaint about Krown is that the local dealer doesn't do the best job anymore. It also seems the product is thinner than it used to be when I first started using it about 25 years ago.

So, I am considering switiching to another brand. There is a new Fluid Film dealer in town that does really good work, so I was thinking of trying it instead of Krown. Or I'd have to go to an out of town Krown location.

I have had good luck with corrosion free .
Only place i know of that does it is Canadian tire.
Everything counts on a proper application Here is where Canadian tire may lack !
And you must re apply every year for maximum protection.
I have used Corrosion Free Rust Cure in an aerosol and it works very well. I actually think it's better than Krown on the undercarriage. The issue is the dealers and I don't trust CTC to do a good job. Product application is just as important as the rust proofing product.

The oil won’t penetrate through it, but eventually soften the noxudol making it easier to remove.

As far as your experience goes, I applied 300/700 about a year ago. It’s still 100% in tact including the differential and low hanging suspensiok parts even after a New England winter and about 100 miles of harsh dirt road driving. Heck it is still on all the areas inside that wheel well even directly behind the tire.

Prep is important with this product. It’s only as good as the person who applies it. It also states that you should inspect annually for Touch ups.

FWIW I went from oil to noxudol

Last edited:
Back