Amazon Basic 0w-20 is very robust ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 4WD
I use the EP and think you RE the AFE … but does anyone think a tiny difference in NOACK will help WP prevent oxidation compared to lubes with 30%-60%+ PAO for $5/quart … IMO these are still 7500 mile oils in an engine tough on oil …

Don't care to support Amazon or Walmart direct products … I like to do business with those who actually engineersed, produced the base stock, did the R&D, and then tweaked …
Maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond should have WP bottle them some oil ?

OK. This type of consumerism it well intended. What happens is manufactures have performance standards which they want to meet and then blenders R&D to meet the standard.

Then to make a few more bucks the blenders will go and use the R&D to make "superior" products at the least cost possible and sell. Because a store brand is not directly blended by a blender does not mean it's not a quality product and the blender is not conducting R&D to better the world. It is doing so to make money.

Originally Posted by TTK

Nah, each has its own marketing and that is where the difference occurs.

House brands have just about zero marketing other than sitting static on the store shelf.

Just used this in a 2015 Jeep Renegade with the 2.4 multiair engine. No idea how it will hold up. As someone else said it in here it was purchased because it was the cheapest option. Who knows how that will turn out.

It wont be worth doing a UOA because the 2.4L uses 6 quarts so it was 5 quarts of the Amazon 0w20 and 1 quart Pennzoil Plat 0w20 (that I had laying around).

I don't really see the argument for this oil.

Super Tech Full Syn 0W-20 D1G2 is cheaper.
M1 or PP/PUP 0W-20 D1G2 with rebate is also cheaper.

Last edited:
Isn't the deal that Alexa will order Basics oil for you if you don't specify a brand?
Of course, I doubt that many people who use Alexa are also changing their own oil.
Next step..."Alexa, change my oil and don't get drops all over the driveway!"

Originally Posted by ad244
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted by ad244
I meen the argument against it is that you can get Castrol for $1 more...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...;linkId=bfce6d042a3a7aafc7005f298995e51a

Now if Castrol had decent rebates that may be good logic for making this purchase but Castrol rebates suck!

Regardless its basically the same price

Is this better then Amazon Basic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back