18 F150 review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by honeeagle
rentals are "program" cars everything about them is bean counter special , they run down the line for days ,like when cars are in a off part of the year (feb?)
they look exactly the same but everything from sound proofing to cushion foam gets a flinty eye.

I know at one time wiring harnesses and other parts used to be different on rental cars. Unless there is an order for several hundred cars (to be made for a fleet)-I don't know if this is the case anymore. Is there someone from a dealer that can chime in on this?

Obviously large rental companies can have their cars/trucks any way they want.

Did I mention it has a KEY? Haven't seen one of those for a while. An awkward switchblade style one.

And please remember, it's an opinion. I sincerely am not just digging at Ford people. I tried to get a Ford Transit 350 for my company but they won't let my Factory Authorized Upfitter cut the necessary holes in the unibody (rightfully so). But I am a regular pickup buyer...

Originally Posted by SteveSRT8

And please remember, it's an opinion. I sincerely am not just digging at Ford people. I tried to get a Ford Transit 350 for my company but they won't let my Factory Authorized Upfitter cut the necessary holes in the unibody (rightfully so). But I am a regular pickup buyer...

No concern there at all! they are what they are. Glad your wife is ok and I hope the other person heals with no last effects too. Even as a F150 owner I appreciated your review.

I'm not a fan of full-sized pickups, but if I went that route it would be a Ram Rebel, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back