NEW BOSCH 3330 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another filter from member SubieRubyRoo
smile.gif

I dont trust anything Purolator farther than i can throw a baseball so this one i cut apart. I'm guessing some excess glue or something is in dome end of can. Looks OK but i wont use it.

20181004_165138.jpg

20181004_165402.jpg

20181004_165420.jpg

20181004_165409.jpg

20181004_165517.jpg

20181004_165433.jpg

20181004_165601.jpg

20181004_165502.jpg

Originally Posted by Zee09
Doesn't look too bad. But I'm not a buyer.
Thanks for the cp......

Good point zee. I'd use em' for 12 gauge shotgun practice but cutting them is cool too :^)

This one came from Menards, was on clearance for like $2. The little bit of glue wouldn't bother me if I was actually using this for an OCI. If I had something that was using conventional and 5K OCI, this would definitely be a filter I'd use.... it looks stout, even aside from Adam the Filter Guy's jaded tastes
smile.gif

Again, another vote for '53 Stude as Board Member of the Year!

Made Oct 2014, must be before the swap to louvers happened.

So the New Bosch is really an old Bosch then. It gets confusing, not knowing if these cut-up filters are either discontinued or still in current production.

Personally, I wouldn't go through all the effort of shipping-out and cutting-up filters that have been discontinued and no longer listed as available by the manufacturer. That way folks like myself that are about to swap filter manufacturers and possibly consider the Bosch filter lineup for their next oil change, aren't wasting our time in threads like this one.

Last edited:
As if a ton of people don't have these sitting on their shelves.

All factual information is relevant information in an open forum such as this one.

Maybe if you want to see a new Bosch cut open you could send one to car51?

And don't jump to the conclusion that just because you bought it today from a store that it's "fresh"... several of the filters I've sent were purchased from large-volume stores, within a month or two of when they shipped, and still turned out to have been produced two or more years before that.

I looks like the bypass is open a tiny amount in second picture? The seal is supposed to be evenly inside the recess. Looks off to one side a little.

Could be parallax, but before I posted I took the time to check one of my filters. There is a raised ridge around the bypass sealing disk and the disk rests fully inside of the ridge. Parallax shouldn't show the disk covering the ridge. The disk out of the recess has been shown before, another defect to look for. It's a maybe, only the OP has it in front of him to see.

IMG_3409.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back