PP play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't expect the 10w30 to pour so easily. Threw the bottle in the freezer (0F) for a few days, just to see how it pours. I know that it doesn't reflect the pumpability. Looks nice and runny, I might just run this stuff year round since in the 16 years I lived here, the coldest temp was in the high teens.

Now I want to see how GC 0w40 does
smile.gif

Synthetics are strong in that area. I remember being shocked at how easily M1 15W-50 poured, I was used to 20W-50 for the race car.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Synthetics are strong in that area. I remember being shocked at how easily M1 15W-50 poured, I was used to 20W-50 for the race car.

I put M1 15W50 in the freezer years back one time and it was still perfectly fluid.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Get some SAE 50 (if you can, I don't think I'd be able to easily find some) and try it side by side with the 20w-50 and 15w-40 and 5w-50 for us.
wink.gif

Only mono 50 I ever see is VR1.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: bigt61

I put M1 15W50 in the freezer years back one time and it was still perfectly fluid.
How cold was the freezer?

Originally Posted by Garak
Get some SAE 50 (if you can, I don't think I'd be able to easily find some) and try it side by side with the 20w-50 and 15w-40 and 5w-50 for us.
wink.gif

DELO 400LE CJ4, VR1 in SAE50 and 20w50

36 deg

0 deg

Yes, thanks! The VR1 did pretty good, but I suspect being what it is (VR1) that we've got something with some better base stocks; like I said before, an interesting one. Of course, finding a PYB SAE 50 to compare to a PYB SAE 5w-30 would be a fool's errand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back