2018 Camry A25A-FKS 0W16 5313mi TGMO factory fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bulwnkl
Rental car companies are commonly independently owned, and are simply operated under a national logo. Thus, the local manager or owner does what they want with service work.

Can I buy some controlling stock in those?
I'd go in, lean out their overhead costs, initiate a p/m program that meets requirements but doesn't spend a dime of non OEM required maintenance expense, then pocket the rest as profit.

Ain't America great?

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Can’t tell much given the breakin and high Si from gaskets.

But it’s interesting to see what is used, and especially the Mo level!

Aluminum is higher than I expected at least relative to Iron which is lower than I expected. High moly from assembely lube is expected, as is the high Silicon from sealants. The TBN still at 5+ was impressive to me. Looks to be a good oil for the 10,000 drains as dictated by Toyota.

What created the basis of your expectations??

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Can’t tell much given the breakin and high Si from gaskets.

But it’s interesting to see what is used, and especially the Mo level!

Aluminum is higher than I expected at least relative to Iron which is lower than I expected. High moly from assembely lube is expected, as is the high Silicon from sealants. The TBN still at 5+ was impressive to me. Looks to be a good oil for the 10,000 drains as dictated by Toyota.

What created the basis of your expectations??

Usually, not always, break in samples show iron greater than aluminum, in service Toyota/Lexus engines normally have iron greater than or equal to iron. So just from my previous experience on fresh engine samples I would have expected the two numbers to be reversed.

All conjecture really, but for the price of the test I was amused to see the results. I have another sample at ALS currently awaiting analysis for a 2018 Lexus GS 350 factory fill with ~1,000 miles on it.

For comparison sake here is a Factory Fill sample from a Built in Japan Lexus GS350. Add pack is similar but not identical, the Lexus has higher Mg, but same characteristic high Mo that I've seen in first Toyota samples.

GS350 1046 TGMO 0W20 TOYOTA FILTER.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back