Falken tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a set on a 2000 Durango, installed about 5 years ago at Discount Tire. They were very affordable and wore well. Did very well in snow as they were pretty aggressive. I had zero issues with them when I sold the truck with them still installed. I thought they were a great value and would buy again.

I bought the first run of wild peaks. They were junk. Took tons of weight to get balanced and had very thin sipes. Once the tires wore 2/32nds the tires were bald with only 4 lines of tread. We're terrible in mud and dangerous in rain. Went back to America's tire and after some letters to corporate they agreed to help me out. I put Cooper tires on the truck and they were great. When the Cooper's were getting bald I found another set of almost new wild peaks at a yard sale for a price I could not pass up. This time the sipes are much deeper and they balanced well.

Which tires are you interested in? a brand is to general..

Every brand has good, bad, and ugly tire lines.

So come back with the model as well if you want feedback.

Also make sure you are specific enough.

For example someone asked if michelin primacy tires were good.. and there is/was about 9 different models at the time that were some sort of michelin primacy.

So in other words dont ask if kumho ecsta tires are good ask if "kumho ecsta ku22" or kumho ecsta pa31" tires are good.

I guess they are fine for daily commuter car type driving. They are soft and don’t last as long as other brands I’ve used. You can get better at the same price point

The A/t3w's have been a great tire on my f150 for what its worth. My fav to date for the money. And for the record I've had bfg all terrains, Cooper ,good years all on the same truck.

Originally Posted By: HawkeyeScott
I had a set on a 2000 Durango, installed about 5 years ago at Discount Tire. They were very affordable and wore well.

Same here. I had a set of Falken 31 X 10.5 X 15's put on my F-150 the day Casey Anthony got off, (July 5, 2011). I remember it because I was in the waiting room paying the guy when they announced the verdict. They're still going strong. Good wear, and ride good. They outlasted the Goodyear Wranglers I had on before them.

Saw a set of Falkens on a brand new 2019 Dodge Ram that had just hit the dealers' lot.

So apparently, FCA is using Nexen and Falken on Ram trucks (as well as other brands).

I have the Falken Ziex ZE950 on my car, and I don't have any problems with them
smile.gif

on my T4R they ride so smooth you'd think the psi is too low..good in snow and ice (i use only nov.-mar.)

Last edited:
As far as the current generations, the Falken Wildpeak AT3W's are top of the line. Love the XL rated version on our CX-9 and wouldn't hesitate to put the E rated versions on our Ram 1500 when the time comes.

*We got them specifically for what dblshock stated, snow and ice.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The only time I tried them they sucked.

Same. They quite literally turned a car I loved driving into a car I couldn't stand to drive for more than 30 minutes.

Every other time I've experienced, heard about, or read about Falken tires, there were a few positives but they all ended with "for the money." Everything else about them was mediocre at best.

In other words, it's a budget brand. Same as Hankook, Kumho, BF Goodrich, Fuzion, Cooper, General, etc. There's nothing at that level or below that I'd use or recommend now that I know what a tier-1 tire is like.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Which tires are you interested in? a brand is to general..

Every brand has good, bad, and ugly tire lines.

Perfect. Every company has its dogs in the line up...

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
In other words, it's a budget brand. Same as Hankook, Kumho, BF Goodrich, Fuzion, Cooper, General, etc. There's nothing at that level or below that I'd use or recommend now that I know what a tier-1 tire is like.

I'd say Falken, Fusion and Kumho are more of the discount brands out of all the tires mentioned. Not too familiar with BF Goodrich lineup. Cooper and Hankook have some premium tires in their lineup. Tires in General's lineup are above average.

Both Hankook and Cooper own brands that are considered economy tires. Laufflen for Hankook and a bunch of different ones for Cooper.

I've had good service from Hankook and Cooper. And yes I've owned plenty of Michelin tires over the years.

Falkin is a marketing brand of Ohtsu Tire, can produce very high quality products.

FALKEN TIRES, a part of SUMITOMO RUBBER NORTH AMERICA, INC., is based in Rancho Cucamonga, California, which serves as the corporate headquarters. With five strategically located tire distribution centers across the United States-in California, Florida, Illinois, New Jersey and Texas-Falken quickly and efficiently supplies its retailers throughout North America.

Falken Tires was launched in its native country of Japan in 1983 and introduced to the North American market two years later. At its inception, Falken was created as the flagship high performance radial brand under Ohtsu Tire and Rubber. Now, nearly 35 years later, Falken has solidified its place as a strong consumer choice for tires, as it has focused on UHP (Ultra High Performance) products by participating in - and winning - well-known professional motorsports programs. The success achieved in these programs helps to further develop and improve passenger vehicle products for both domestic and worldwide distribution.

Falken Tires prides itself on its in-house branding and creative capabilities, delivering award-winning advertising and promotional efforts designed to communicate with its customers by providing key information on its brand and product lines. Falken's marketing actions also support its dealer and retailer sales efforts.

Through its advertising and sales programs, Falken Tires consistently strives to fully leverage and ultimately maximize its exposure in Professional Drifting and multiple autocross and national driving programs.

The tire manufacturer has also made great strides in the off-road category, showcasing the capabilities of Falken's WILDPEAK tire line at multiple racing and endurance events across the country. To further support its motorsports efforts, Falken consistently updates and maintains a strong, international fan base engaged through its Facebook page - www.facebook.com/falkentire -- as well as other social media efforts, such as @FalkenTire on Twitter.

I have Falken Pro G4 from DT in my Fit. I believe they are about a year old and they have been quite good. They balance well, have a good grip in dry, wet and snow. Ride is a bit jittery but the Fit suspension does not help either.

Originally Posted by GimmeTorq
I have Falken Pro G4 from DT in my Fit. I believe they are about a year old and they have been quite good. They balance well, have a good grip in dry, wet and snow. Ride is a bit jittery but the Fit suspension does not help either.

I just put a set of Falken Pro G4 from DT on the Sentra. 195/60/15
I saw a post here that Falken was a budget brand.
The cheapest tire from DT for the Sentra is a Veento G3 for $35.00.
I paid $84 for the Pro G4.
That's not a budget tire in my mind.
The ride is fine considering the Sentra has 195K miles and 90K on the struts.
I really dont care about the ride.
Snow and ice is what concerns me the most.

I had a set a few years ago. Dry traction was fine but wet was poor. I also didn't like how noisy they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back