Anyone make their own con queso?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering about this as enjoying some tortilla chips and homemade hot salsa.

Thank You all in advance
smile.gif

I melt some good old velveeta cheese, throw in some cooked crumbled hot sausage along with some hot rotel tomatoes and mix all together. Great with tortilla chips. Great without the meat too if you want it that way.

My girlfriend makes a delicious queso!! Her family was from Monterrey,Mexico (but she was born and raised near Galveston),so it's the real deal. She cooks ground beef,seasonings,and spices in a skillet,then adds these different Mexican cheeses and lets it simmer. She pours it over homemade tortilla chips and it's to die for!! It's an old family recipe of hers.

Originally Posted By: Bud
I melt some good old velveeta cheese, throw in some cooked crumbled hot sausage along with some hot rotel tomatoes and mix all together. Great with tortilla chips. Great without the meat too if you want it that way.

Very similar to the way I make queso, I also add Philadelphia cream cheese with jalapenos.

CHEESE QUESO DIP
Yield: 4 cups

Ingredients
6 Tbsp Butter
1/3 Cup Flour
3 Cups Milk
8 oz Velveeta cheese
10 1/2 oz Can of Chili (no beans)
3/4 Cup Salsa
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1/2 tsp Chili powder

Directions
Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat.
Whisk in flour until smooth.
Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk, then the cheese, chili, salsa; cook over medium heat (at a very low boiling point), stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat and add the salt, cayenne, and chili powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back