Recommendations for best oil filter for a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best? No mention of price? Royal Purple is a fine build … but FU is hard to beat on filtration specs vs cost …

Originally Posted By: rollinpete
+1 Fram Ultra

+2 on Fram Ultra. I've used Napa gold (or Wix equivalent). They are fine, but Ultra will be a better choice.

Amsoil EAO/EAK depending on what's available. Excellent flow, excellent filtration, good for the long haul.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: danez_yoda
Orange can of death with the new silicone adbv.

Yep

I always go with M1 filters. Great all around. Threads are well tapped, never strip or bind. Super strong case never collapses no matter how hard you grab it with pliers. Its really the best overall filter you can buy. When I was a kid I remember struggling with the orange can of death, threads had stripped, can collapsed with pliers, had to hammer a screw driver through it, still didn't come off easily. I will never send money their way.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DONWATERS
I always go with M1 filters. Great all around. Threads are well tapped, never strip or bind. Super strong case never collapses no matter how hard you grab it with pliers. Its really the best overall filter you can buy. When I was a kid I remember struggling with the orange can of death, threads had stripped, can collapsed with pliers, had to hammer a screw driver through it, still didn't come off easily. I will never send money their way.

Thanks for the warning, you’ve opened our eyes to a real danger I think.

The 'danger' is putting a filter on too tight and not to cross thread it during installation.

If the gasket sticks to the filter mount, you might clean the filter mount. I put brake cleaner on a rag to clean mine and have not had a gasket stick since.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Best? No mention of price? Royal Purple is a fine build … but FU is hard to beat on filtration specs vs cost …

I looked at Royal Purple filters for my Toyota Tacoma and when compared to the factory Toyota filter, the Toyota filter has more than double the filtration media as the RP did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back