What is the longest you have had a car battery las

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 years for the 2 Batteries in my Dodge diesel truck. I dont remember the miles, must have been in the 150k range. Was the factory batteries, whatever they were. I assume they were Johnson Controls batteries.

Last edited:
10 years
smile.gif

10 years can be easy if not too hot and not too much load either at shutoff or in sitting.

But many use dome lights, run radios, some controls don't sleep well, etc. add to that heat and an incomplete charge, and it's anyones' guess.

MAXX 24F from Walmart had been in eight+ years when I replaced it and was still functioning normally. We were having very cold weather and I didn't want wife to get stranded so I replaced it with an AGM battery.

The Diehard Platinum in the Chevy is still going at 5 years.

Underhood batteries avg 3.5 years here. And I don't know why people want to live in Hawaii.

Very smart yah tah hey... Always good to replace before getting stranded. Especially in the cold. I tell ladys I work with to get their batteries changed out if over 4 years old. Better safe than sorry. For us guys... Not a big a deal obviously.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Honestly, 3-1/2 years. That's about all you get in Phoenix.

Extreme heat shortens their life considerably.

I just replaced the Motorcraft battery in my '97 Mercury Tracer commuter car...

It was installed 3/14/05.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Honestly, 3-1/2 years. That's about all you get in Phoenix.

Same here.

13 years on an Interstate MTP that was the secondary battery in the GMC, and had came out of a parts diesel Sub that I scrapped, it tested pretty weak at the end, around 400 CCA out of a rated 800.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
The motorcraft battery in my truck was replaced at 11 years due to not wanting to be stranded. That truck still has the original starter and serpentine belt.

My 2001 Ford truck had the original belt until 2017. I was replacing a bunch of other stuff and decided I should replace the belt too.

Original on my Hyundai Elantra: 4 years; dealer replacement died at 4 years; replaced by an Autozone
Original on Toyota Yaris: 9 years; replaced just because with a Walmart
Original on Mazda5: 4 years (former Texas + short trips); replaced with a Walmart Maxx

Iowa summers are hard on batteries. My last 3 failures occurred in the hot monthes. I now replace at 6 years as maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back