McKees 37, anyone use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use or ever use McKees 37 products?

How do they rate compared to Mother's, McGuire's, and other well named products?

Last edited:
While I haven't personally used them, their products are highly spoken of on several detailing forums. I'd use them with confidence.

I use McKee's Wax Remover for Plastic to remove wax residue from plastic trim.

It does what the bottle says. I can't complain about that.

I have been using their ceramic paint coating for a couple of years, combined with the prep polish. I like it so far.
I was not impressed with their black trim preserver, or the tire Gel.

Use any of his products with confidence.

Quote:
McKees is part of the PBMG. (Autogeek/Autopia)

Kinda...he sold Autogeek/Autopia while developing his own line of products. They do sell his products and apparently still work together somewhat. His products used to be known as Detailer's Pride and I found them to be only so-so. McKees products are now top shelf and reasonably priced as a rule.

I have used many of McKees 37 products and prefer them over Mothers, Meguiars, and most of the other store bought products. McKees seem to be a step above and are my preferred option.

Originally Posted By: sgtrockjoe
I have used many of McKees 37 products and prefer them over Mothers, Meguiars, and most of the other store bought products. McKees seem to be a step above and are my preferred option.

While I'm sure Wayne gets a healthy cut on his endorsements
lol.gif
...no doubt some car show enthusiasts like their products. Their stuff is indeed very good.

I've only tried 2 of their products (McKee's 37 Paint Coating - 2nd generation - was the better of the two I used - and I got a 4 oz bottle for free as a gift). While I was appreciative of getting it as a gift, and the results were very nice on a previous vehicle...I was curious and learned that little 4 oz. bottle retailed for $45...at those prices...users better be happy with results!

A good number of their spray wax products are similar in price and results to Chemical Guys and Griot's - all great for a nice "wet look" shine and added protection after a good car wash.

The other McKees 37 product I've tried was McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray - also very good results...but it took a bit more effort in the "removal" stage than a couple of the Chemical Guys's products I prefer, which virtually just require a "wipe off".

I have used the Hydro Blue Sio2 on the Hummer. Leave the car wet after wash, spray on one section at a time and then rinse with a high pressure stream and dry. It leaves an incredible finish that McKees claims will last up to 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back