Honda ATF DW1 bottle stamp decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some Honda ATF fluid and was trying to figure out manufacturing date by looking at the stamp on the bottle and it seems to be a little harder than I would imagine. The bottles I have say "82LA01412K". Does anyone has the knowledge on how to de-code the stamping? what would be the manufacturing year and month for this batch?

Thanks for the help

I'd think Bernardi moves DW1 pretty quickly. So, the 8 would mean 2018. Honestly after that I'm lost.

I once had a question on Peak oil date code, emailed them and turned out what I thought. They use Julian calender dating. So 16214, 214 day 2016.

The letters can stand for month, but L would be November skipping I as a month. Not possible here. Could be A for January. 2L throws me off.

I've emailed bernardiparts and here's what they have replied me back:

Sorry!! Honda and their manufacturers doesn’t stamp their parts with dates.

o_O

Probably wouldn't stress about it too much especially if you just recently bought it. Oils, if stored properly, will last many many years unopened.

Originally Posted By: parshisa
Sorry!! Honda and their manufacturers doesn’t stamp their parts with dates.

o_O

Ahh ok. Meaning, we have no clue. And numbers you see have no meaning.
whistle.gif

I gave it a shot. It could be a very unique date code system. Purolater for instance uses a letter to represent the year, so one needs their decoder to know.

Likely no biggie. Again, I'd bet fairly new stock.

I thought they were required to put a date code on the bottle. If you cna post a picture of the bottle, we may be able to figure out who made it, and thus decode it from that supplier's system
smile.gif

Is decoding it just for fun or are you concerned about the age ? If it's about the age, don't be. I'm positive you can confidently trust that it's fresh fluid if bought from any Honda dealer. If you found it under your work bench in your garage and don't remember buying it, that's a different matter....

I iust got it around 3weeks ago from one of the honda eom online retailers (bernardi parts). I was just curious really. 99% of my brain knows that it is genuine fresh fluid but 1% is in doubt and it me made try to investigate..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back