Coolant leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
03 Maxima. Coolant leak in the back of the engine near the exhaust manifold and below the TB. Hard to see even with the air box removed. Any ideas what this could be coming from?

I second TB. There's a hose under there that tends to leak.....at least it did on my '04 VQ35DE. Never leaked bad, just a drip here and there. Got the formed hose from the dealer, only about $8 if I remember correctly.

I tried cleaning things up a bit. The cam sensor leak hid the source. Maybe that pipe?

Hoses seem ok from underneath. Kind of blurry but you can see the bottom of that pipe that goes between the heads.

I was able to get a half turn out of both nuts for that pipe. Cleaned it up again, started it, turned on the AC and let it bake in the sun idling for a half hour. I don't see anything so far. Maybe get lucky this time. So far, no luck at all with this car. This latest failure wasn't a hose, it was a metal pipe!
cry.gif

Anyone notice the broken camshaft sensor connector (not locked, cause of a highway stall) and the leaking camshaft sensor? Thats 3 problems in one tiny photo.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
I was able to get a half turn out of both nuts for that pipe. Cleaned it up again, started it, turned on the AC and let it bake in the sun idling for a half hour. I don't see anything so far. Maybe get lucky this time. So far, no luck at all with this car. This latest failure wasn't a hose, it was a metal pipe!
cry.gif

Technically, the metal pipe didn't fail. There is a gasket there. Glad it's no longer leaking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back