Unused dented silicone Fram PH8316 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the can got dented, I decided not to use it and instead cut it open. And I am so glad I cut it open instead of using it, because the bypass valve was kind of sticky in a way that seems to have been caused by the dent.

Date code A73421
December 8, 2017

This filter has the silicone ADBV that Fram recently introduced in the extra guard orange cans

The pleats seem a little spread out in picture 7 but nice everywhere else. That may be normal though. I would use a non-damaged filter like this. Thanks for the post. It's always good to know about a backup in case your normal choice is unavailable.

Slacktide:
It looks pretty good for an OCOD...that's the filter # for the old Ford Zetec 2.0...I think some Jeeps called for it too...what do you use it on?

I guess if you have a OCOD that is dented in the center bottom but not on the edges, you are good to go.
Orange Can of Delight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Nice looking filter.
Are these $3.77 like others?

They are $4.64

Originally Posted By: pbm
Slacktide:
It looks pretty good for an OCOD...that's the filter # for the old Ford Zetec 2.0...I think some Jeeps called for it too...what do you use it on?

A Focus, with the Zetec

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Is that a cut/tear in the ADV on the left?

No. The ADV is not torn
smile.gif

That string is probably from when I cut the can open, an orange string of paint. I just checked it again, and the ADBV is fine
thumbsup2.gif

The pictures show why I would never use an EG or TG again. End cap way off center, center tube exposed mess. There are TG threads recently, but for some reason they didn't show the ends. This thread is better.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back