'05 Impala front wheel "squeal". Cost !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 2 quotes for both front wheel and hub bearing job...$563.00 ?? I can get them for say $100 bucks for both, is labor that nut nowadays...yikes.

Watch a You Tube video before deciding to tackle it. See If there might be some show stoppers that a well equipped shop would have no trouble with. That’s where the $563 pays off.

Last edited:
You are not getting quality at $100 a pair, more like 100-120 ea on Rock Auto. these cars will go through the ebay or other elcheapos in rapid fashion, you will being using their lifetime warranty multiple times before buying the real deal anyway.

Retail store is about $150 ea for those plus any taxes. $263 labor for both sides if they are using quality parts is decent for this job but if you can save the labor and get quality parts you score.

Originally Posted By: Trav
if you can save the labor and get quality parts you score.

Pretty much why I DIY, I assume most shops are just going to use whitebox parts.
That and the tools you buy are free, especially for your friends who borrow them.

Got both sides replaced with MOOG units. Nice and quiet now. I saw the original ones and they didn't have much life left in them for sure, pretty nasty. So, $648.00 later it's done. My shop can be a bit pricey but they stand behind everything they do unlike many places.

Most of the Moog for these particular GM applications are still NOS made in USA National hubs, they are very good. For other cars Moog is using reboxed Chinese, beware. The price is okay, you did good.

I used to use Timken exclusively based on reputation and 3 year warranty. Now they only have a 1 year warranty but MOOG has 3 years. So, I've been using them lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back