I found this tidbit of car info and suggested oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aluminum pistons are cooled with oil by piston cooling jets installed in the engine block. Same design in the S2000 engine. Honda's are great cars

I’ll have to check it out more thorough.

Couple of nits to pick:

Which side is the left side?

Follow the maintenance minder for oil, not a specific 6k interval.

I used XW-20, 30, and 40 in my previous R18 and the vtec could not tell the difference. I always thought of the timing chain as the limiting factor for oil choice, not the i(eco)-vtec valve train; and certainly not the engine.

Edit: wrongly shows a 9k mile interval for my Subaru FB25; should be 6k.

Last edited:
From article:

Using the recommended engine oil is essential. That will keeps the VTEC system in good condition for a long time. The engine life of R18 is about 180,000 miles (300,000 km).

35.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GravelRoad
The engine life of R18 is about 180,000 miles (300,000 km).

35.gif

I read that,and I was like,what the [censored]?? Someone must've hit some good acid or something when they typed that bit of (edit-mod) haha!

Last edited by a moderator:
180k my aunt fanny! There was a guy YEARS AGO using his Civic for deliveries and had like 600k on the original drivetrain.

Originally Posted By: Artem
180k my aunt fanny! There was a guy YEARS AGO using his Civic for deliveries and had like 600k on the original drivetrain.

Was it Turbo'd and DI?
28.gif

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Couple of nits to pick:

It's the left side while sitting in the car. That's the typical definition of left and right when talking about vehicles.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Couple of nits to pick:

It's the left side while sitting in the car. That's the typical definition of left and right when talking about vehicles.

Right. Unless they changed the position of the hydraulic mount after the 8th gen, the mount is on the passenger side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back