2018 Dodge Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my research I found these to be very solid cars that offer a driving experience unlike any other at this price point. It's a great highway cruiser that turns into a fun monster if you push your right foot down.

My only concern would be winter driving a RWD version in hilly Pittsburgh, and I'm not sure how well snow tires will help. They do offer an AWD version.

I believe only AWD in V6. Agree with Dishdude...nice riding car. Definitely test drive it for yourself. Let us know your thoughts.

It is worth it to buy one out of state and have it shipped in if it saves you a few thousand dollars....

https://www.ancira.com/new-San+Antonio-2018-Dodge-Charger-RT-2C3CDXCT2JH163721

I do like it in this color:

4.jpg

Last edited:
The Georgia State Patrol is using AWD Chargers now, I don't think they are using the V6. I like the Scat Pack cars.

Police package cars are still available with the v8 and awd attached to a 5 speed trans.
For not much more you can get a scatpack.
www.koonsjeep.com has 140 scatpacks instock or transit. We are waiting for a white/red scatpack to come in.

Originally Posted By: SEBZX79
Police package cars are still available with the v8 and awd attached to a 5 speed trans.
For not much more you can get a scatpack.
www.koonsjeep.com has 140 scatpacks instock or transit. We are waiting for a white/red scatpack to come in.

Agreed on the Scat Pack, it's the craziest deal out there.

If it's your daily driver you don't want a five speed manual plus you have to pay a gas guzzler tax.
We have the Dodge Challenger with the Scat Pack 6.4 and the automatic. It's my wife's daily driver.
It's getting around 17 mpg around town and 23-24 mpg on highway. That's awesome I think for a 485 HP car.
She loves it. My friend in PA has the Charger with awd and a hemi. He loves it but his lifetime warranty will probably be worthless because it's rusting out faster than wearing out.

+1

The R/T Scat Pack is an incredible value for the performance you get. The only reason I went one level higher is because I wanted full leather interior and adjustable suspension.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Same as R/T, but cheaper... or?

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Adds on to the R/T, gives you the 392 and some other goodies.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

R/T has 5.7 370hp. Scat Pack has 6.4 485hp.

Love, love, love my Challenger (same platform). The platform is getting old, but its had continual updates and is still its own niche in the marketplace, being the only rear-drive (optional AWD with v6) v6-or-v8 sedan anywhere close to its starting price point. Anywhere from 305 to 707 horsepower available. My Challenger (470 HP 6.4 v8) has been 100% reliable for 60,000 miles so far. Not so much as a rattle or squeak.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
If it's your daily driver you don't want a five speed manual plus you have to pay a gas guzzler tax.

There is no such thing as a 5-speed manual in any LX/LC platform Dodge, never has been. No manual PERIOD in the Charger (only the Challenger, and its a 6-speed Tremec). Prior to 2015, the automatic was a 5-speed NAG1. but is now an 8-speed ZF.

We are in jersey and put the deal together over the phone. If you call ask for Alfredo Perez young man was very easy to deal with. Tell him Sebastian from NJ sent you. I was in a car biz for a long time and these guys were very professional and their inventory is best on the east coast.

440Magnum, my mistake but then why would you want a 5 speed automatic when there is a 8 speed available?
The Challenger transmission is Great. More gears keep you in the power abd I love how it downshifts to a stop. Can't imagine why you would want a 5 speed over that.

I rented an R/T for a weekend trip and loved it. I considered buying a Scat Pack back in 2016 but I wanted something smaller and lighter for track work. Still- a fantastic car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back