Car Craft
Hot Rod
Super Chevy
Truckin'
Street Trucks
Car and Driver
Motor Trend
Road and Track

I prefer magazines over the internet. I would forget to look at the internet versions and having paper coopies gives me something to read when sitting on the bathroom throne.

Car Craft was my favorite mag when I was a kid! I've been meaning to resubscribe, I am glad to see it is still around. Hot Rod was also good, they were both pretty similar.

Used to subscribe to Popular Hot Rodding that but magazine is no longer in business. The publisher took my subscription and rolled it over to Car and Driver for my remaining balance.

I get a complimentary subscription to National Dragster and Hot Rod.

I subscribe to Sport Rider, Cycle World, and Motorcyclist. But since they were bought by the same publisher, they are becoming more and more similar. Motorcyclist is now a bi-monthly mostly picture book, and Cycle World is apparently now a Quarterly coffee table book. I'm not sure I'll be renewing any of them.

I subscribe to Roadracing World.

Hemmings Motor News

I used to be a subscriber to Hemmings Classic Car & Hemmings Sports & Exotic, but subscription in Canada is much more expensive than in the US, so I only kept HMN after a while. Digital versions are much cheaper, but I don't like reading long text on a screen, I want a paper magazine.

Consumer Report, Hot Rod and Motor Trend. Not going to renew the MT subscription because there is no longer anything I can relate to in the mag. MT used to carry some excellent technical articles but anymore just hype about $$$$ vehicles.

I occasionally buy Esquire, Automobile, Woodworking, but this is really fallen off since my phone has as much content as these mags.

I used to subscribe to Road & Track, Automobile, Car & Driver. No hard copy subscriptions now.

Have got hundreds of mags that I'm trying to offload ATM.

Used to buy the usual suspects regularly from the
Popular Hot Rod
Hot Rod
Car Craft
Oz Street Machine
Circle Track

All the good technical ones have gone bust in Oz, people want adds and flash paint jobs.

Buy alternative health/conspiracy mags reasonably regularly
Engine masters whenever I see it.

Street Machine (Aus)
Bike (UK)
Practical Sportsbikes (UK)
Classic Motorcycle Mechanics (UK)

And my dad always gifts me his copy of Wheels (Aus) when he's done with it.

My only sub is to "Grassroots Motorsports".

I will buy a "Race Car Engineering", or "Race Tech" from Barnes & Noble if there is a technical article I want to hold onto, or a spread about WRC tech in it.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Richie
Car and Driver

This for me. I used to subscribe to PM, but when all their how tos migrated to the net, the magazine lost its purpose for me. When it became an overglorified paper infomercial, I was done.

Motor Trend, but only because it cost like $14 for 3 years worth. I've opened it a couple times and flipped through pages, junk. All ads.

Car Craft, Playboy, Penthouse, Racecar Engineering, Race Tech (when I can find it), F1 sometimes, and American Rifleman with my NRA membership.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back