Hand position(s) on steering wheel.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are your hand(s) usually located when driving?

My left hand is usually at the "6 o'clock or 9" positions. The right is holding a coffee cup or pop.

Last edited:
Right there with you. Left is at 6 most of the time since that creates less fatigue to the hand and right is always holding some sort of a drink....coffee, cola etc.

10-12 and 3 o clock position. I grew into that position from driving old work trucks with manual transmissions and sloppy worm gear steering.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Where are your hand(s) usually located when driving?

My left hand is usually at the "6 o'clock or 9" positions. The right is holding a coffee cup or pop.

9 and 3

Do you have a short commute since you drink pop/coffee continuously?

The National Highway Safety Council Defensive Driving Course used to teach ten and two but now I understand it is nine and three which seems a little awkward to me.

Usually left hand at 12. If it's a busy highway and I need to zip around slower traffic, I do 9 and 3.

For long drives, 8 and/or 4 using the armrests, or sometimes just 10 with my arm on the window sill. When turning or on a road that's interesting then 9 and 3.
Anyone hand shuffle well? So you maintain 9 and 3 even while turning, mostly used for racing. I can't get myself to do it even on the street to practice for autocross, just feels weird and I hate the idea I may lose track of where the front wheels are pointed if things get a little hairy...

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I can't believe anyone replied to such a question.

Better than Toilet paper position.....
or Confy underwear (Guilty as charged, but it was a slow end-of-year.....)

dt2lpf20zlcz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back