How often do you use your moonroof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had the M235i for over two years; haven't opened the sunroof once. If I ever order a new 2er I'm having the sunroof deleted.

Haven't had one in a few years but I'd use mine in the spring mostly. I hate wind noise and if the a/c is working, would usually use that instead. Mine leaked a couple of times, no rhyme or reason--it'd leak, and then without doing anything, be fine the rest of the year.

Wife hates having the sun shine down on her, so her car would never have one.

My 2017 Elantra has a moonroof and I can honestly say I never used it once in the one year I have owned it so far. Just opened and closed it the day I took delivery to make sure it worked.

I like my moonroof, it dumps a lot of heat out quickly in the summer. I only run the A/C on the highway, or if my wife is with me...

Originally Posted By: supton
Haven't had one in a few years but I'd use mine in the spring mostly. I hate wind noise and if the a/c is working, would usually use that instead. Mine leaked a couple of times, no rhyme or reason--it'd leak, and then without doing anything, be fine the rest of the year.

Don’t they usually have a retractable shade? Both mine do...

Originally Posted By: hpb
The sunshade is open in the Outlander 24/7. We love the light, airy feeling it gives. Around town we have it tilted open anytime it's not raining. Apart from the fact they cut into the headroom a little, I see no negatives whatsoever about a sunroof.

This 1,000,000x

Originally Posted By: Balrog006

Don’t they usually have a retractable shade? Both mine do...

Yep. but what's the point of a moonroof if it's always covered? Why pay and deal with (potential) leaks?

Yep. but what's the point of a moonroof if it's always covered? Why pay and deal with (potential) leaks?

The problem is you get one whether you want it or not. I'd rather have the extra headroom and the supposedly extra cost in my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back