Added Bluetooth Audio Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

I added Bluetooth Audio Streaming, Hands Free Calling and USB charging to the Accord in my signature. USASpec makes a great plug and play kit. The control unit stays hidden inside of the glove box and the unit connects to the radio itself. No splicing was required (correct adapters are included) and this set-up allowed me to retain the OEM radio. The Bluetooth Audio and Bluetooth call quality are both excellent. I should have done this a lot sooner!

Last edited:
I've spoken very highly of this kit before

I have there Toyota version in my Camry, it's superb

Much better then a waste of time GROM audio kit I bought, then returned

Now if you want factory style SiriusXM, I've got another trick for you
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Now if you want factory style SiriusXM, I've got another trick for you
grin.gif

Please share!

Here is a picture of the Audio track display info on the navigation screen.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Well, nothing for Mazda
frown.gif

Bummer.

Great...

I fitted a double din satnav bluetooth in wife's Captiva last year.

Back in the day, swapping the AM/FM for a radio/cassette player was the thing to do.

Modern stuff is way more complex, but amazingly easier.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Here is a picture of the Audio track display info on the navigation screen.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Well, nothing for Mazda
frown.gif

Bummer.

That is nearly similar to the way iPod i integration works using audio/Nav controls, xm, and that HIDEOUS display. Honda/Acura did not even try to hire someone to do UX on that.

USA Spec makes nice stuff generally. I also have one of their i-pod adapters in the Toyota. It works nicely. The Toyota has bluetooth but it will not stream music, it only works with phone calls.

I should check into if this will work for it, I’d actually rather stream it over bluetooth....

That is my only complaint with them is it is hard to actually understand the capability of the adapter... Though I concede it may be due to the myriad of versions of the audio system in Toyotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back